Custom Trade/Craft GUI [Please Click]

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvati

Jun 26, 2017
I come to the skUnity community today asking for help on how to implement a custom trading / crafting gui into the game using skript and its addons.

The Idea:
Using skript and addons I would want to open a gui / inventory to a player, and be able to format certain slots, and allow the player to place things inside this inventory, if the player puts in certain items and has those items in certain slots, then you will get a product, similar to crafting but more possibilities. Ability to test for certain items in certain slots of the inventory!!!
Also if the player has items in the inventory and closes the inventory, it returns the items to the player.

Example:
In this example, pretend I made a custom recipe, texting certain slots for certain items, using the picture below
DoubleChest-slots.png

slots 54 through 89 are the player's inventory and are irrelevant for now, I would like to be able to test for items in slots 0 through 53 in the inventory that is opened to the player and if the slots match the 'recipe' then show and item in slot x, and when the product item in slot x is clicked, remove the crafting materials and give the product to the player, so pretty much like a crafting table but in a custom gui for added fun. :emoji_slight_smile:

Ex.
if slot 10 of inventory opened to player is diamond_boots
set slot 16 to 4 diamonds
if player takes slot 16
set slot 10 to air
(if player closes inventory during crafting process, return crafting materials to player)

Where I need help:
I am very proficient when it comes to skript if I say so myself, but I am also certainly no pro at it!
I would like to know the basic skripting to start this project off and any suggestions besides making a custom crafting table recipe.

If you need even more information, please tag me in a reply to this thread.
Thanks in advance, Selvati.

I come to the skUnity community today asking for help on how to implement a custom trading / crafting gui into the game using skript and its addons.

The Idea:
Using skript and addons I would want to open a gui / inventory to a player, and be able to format certain slots, and allow the player to place things inside this inventory, if the player puts in certain items and has those items in certain slots, then you will get a product, similar to crafting but more possibilities. Ability to test for certain items in certain slots of the inventory!!!
Also if the player has items in the inventory and closes the inventory, it returns the items to the player.

Example:
In this example, pretend I made a custom recipe, texting certain slots for certain items, using the picture below
View attachment 995
slots 54 through 89 are the player's inventory and are irrelevant for now, I would like to be able to test for items in slots 0 through 53 in the inventory that is opened to the player and if the slots match the 'recipe' then show and item in slot x, and when the product item in slot x is clicked, remove the crafting materials and give the product to the player, so pretty much like a crafting table but in a custom gui for added fun. :emoji_slight_smile:

Ex.
if slot 10 of inventory opened to player is diamond_boots
set slot 16 to 4 diamonds
if player takes slot 16
set slot 10 to air
(if player closes inventory during crafting process, return crafting materials to player)

Where I need help:
I am very proficient when it comes to skript if I say so myself, but I am also certainly no pro at it!
I would like to know the basic skripting to start this project off and any suggestions besides making a custom crafting table recipe.

If you need even more information, please tag me in a reply to this thread.
Thanks in advance, Selvati.
So you haven't got code started yet for it if I understand right? Your code would be helpful if you do.
Elsewise if you're looking for a place to start, I'd look into Tuske's addon for setting up your GUI. With that addon, the GUI will do most of the work in a skript like this.

Reactions: Selvati
So you haven't got code started yet for it if I understand right? Your code would be helpful if you do.
Elsewise if you're looking for a place to start, I'd look into Tuske's addon for setting up your GUI. With that addon, the GUI will do most of the work in a skript like this.
First off, I appreciate the quick reply ♥! But, yeah I do not have any code as of yet, I was planning on using Tuske for this, but the issue I ran into was I have no idea how to open the same inventory to more than one person (2 in this case). I googled intensively and found nothing, thanks!

hmm...if you do it by command ,like /trade <player1> <player2>, you could open a gui to both player arguments. then when a player with the gui open clicks an item in their inventory it gets set to a slot on their side of the gui in both player gui's.:emoji_slight_smile:

hmm...if you do it by command ,like /trade <player1> <player2>, you could open a gui to both player arguments. then when a player with the gui open clicks an item in their inventory it gets set to a slot on their side of the gui in both player gui's.:emoji_slight_smile:
That sounds like it will do the trick, I will try when I get a chance tomorrow morning, thanks for the help! I will post an update tomorrow for everyone wanting to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.