My play sound effect don't work and don't show log errors

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidanete

Apr 11, 2017
I put an effect to play a sound but it doesn't work, there are no log errors for this.
code_language.skript:
play sound "entity_generic_eat" with volume 1 and pitch 1 at event-location for event-player
Please, help

I put an effect to play a sound but it doesn't work, there are no log errors for this.
code_language.skript:
play sound "entity_generic_eat" with volume 1 and pitch 1 at event-location for event-player
Please, help
Do you have Skellett installed?

Not, I installed both and still don't working. I will edit this reply when I test with the line of code Efnilite said.

EDIT: Thank you very much, works fine with the code Efnilite gave me and with the plugin it said.

Thank you, both.

Just to be clear, you do NOT need skRayFall for this. Your problem was that you were using underscores instead of periods. You could remove SkRayFall and change the sound name in your original code to "entity.generic.eat" and it should work fine.

People need to stop recommending add-ons for things vanilla Skript supports :emoji_slight_smile:

Just to be clear, you do NOT need skRayFall for this. Your problem was that you were using underscores instead of periods. You could remove SkRayFall and change the sound name in your original code to "entity.generic.eat" and it should work fine.

People need to stop recommending add-ons for things vanilla Skript supports :emoji_slight_smile:
Oh lol, didn't even realize that. GG

Ah, didn't know that :emoji_grimacing: sorry
Well, you learn something new every day lol

You are right, but right now I'm using SkRayfall for some stuff with citizens plugin xD

Just to double check, are you using Spigot 1.8 or 1.12?
Because the sound files are different

To test your code, I put this in a Skript
code_language.skript:
on break:
Exactly how you wrote it, i just added an event to test. And it works perfect fine

But if you are using a 1.8 server, the sound files are different, and if I'm not mistaken, instead of entity_generic_eat it would just be eat

Just to double check, are you using Spigot 1.8 or 1.12?
Because the sound files are different

To test your code, I put this in a Skript
code_language.skript:
on break:
Exactly how you wrote it, i just added an event to test. And it works perfect fine

But if you are using a 1.8 server, the sound files are different, and if I'm not mistaken, instead of entity_generic_eat it would just be eat
Except it's "entity.generic.eat", dots instead of underscores.

I've always used underscores and it works for me
That's odd, I've always used dots (because they're used in the actual sound id's, if you use the /playsound command you'll need to write them with dots) and it works.
Maybe it's an alias of some sort then.

Status
Not open for further replies.