Player skull in a gui will not execute commands

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibezz

Jul 27, 2017
format slot 17 of player with mhf_arrowright's skull named "&cNext Page" to close then run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]

The error i receive:
ERROR]: '"hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"]' is not a text (ggg.sk, line 32: format slot 17 of player with mhf_arrowright's skull named "&cNext Page" to close then run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"]')

format slot 17 of player with mhf_arrowright's skull named "&cNext Page" to close then run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]

The error i receive:
ERROR]: '"hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"]' is not a text (ggg.sk, line 32: format slot 17 of player with mhf_arrowright's skull named "&cNext Page" to close then run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"]')
I would also save yourself some frustration and use Tuske for gui's. it's much more reliable. so yours would be
code_language.skript:
format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run player command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"

use
("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull

i still get the error
ERROR]: '"&cNext Page" to close then run player' is not a text (ggg.sk, line 36: format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to close then player command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"')

i still get the error
ERROR]: '"&cNext Page" to close then run player' is not a text (ggg.sk, line 36: format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to close then player command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"')
is this in a command? if so it may be your "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%" bit if it can't find your referenced argument. I just ran this test command on my server and it works perfectly:
code_language.skript:
command /test:
    trigger:
        open virtual chest inventory named "test" to player
        format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run player command "/broadcast test"
[doublepost=1501262413,1501262349][/doublepost]http://puu.sh/wVuVS/86c1e73708.jpg
http://puu.sh/wVuXG/fdbced4f41.jpg

is this in a command? if so it may be your "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%" bit if it can't find your referenced argument. I just ran this test command on my server and it works perfectly:
code_language.skript:
command /test:
    trigger:
        open virtual chest inventory named "test" to player
        format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run player command "/broadcast test"
[doublepost=1501262413,1501262349][/doublepost]http://puu.sh/wVuVS/86c1e73708.jpg
http://puu.sh/wVuXG/fdbced4f41.jpg
it could be my version of skript or skquery can you tell me the version of yours

what version would you recommend me to use for a 1.8.8 server as the latest version doesnt work for my server.
I think dev 20 was the one of the last 1.8 updates for bensku, but that's not to say it will make it work. I've only ever had it for dev 27+ on 1.11+. You could start there though and test it to see if one of the version around that time will work

format slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]

i tried with a different version and got this error:
ERROR]: The percent sign is used for expressions (e.g. %player%). To insert a '%' type it twice: %%. (ggg.sk, line 36: format slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]')

format slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]

i tried with a different version and got this error:
ERROR]: The percent sign is used for expressions (e.g. %player%). To insert a '%' type it twice: %%. (ggg.sk, line 36: format slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]')
just as the error says, you are missing a percent sign here
69fe2ce65c.png

it should be %arg-1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.