1. Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

2. LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out our Wiki for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player skull in a gui will not execute commands

Discussion in 'Skript' started by Vibezz, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vibezz

Vibezz New Member

format slot 17 of player with mhf_arrowright's skull named "&cNext Page" to close then run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]

The error i receive:
    ERROR]: '"hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"]' is not a text (ggg.sk, line 32: format slot 17 of player with mhf_arrowright's skull named "&cNext Page" to close then run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"]')

2. ShaneBee

Supporter + Addon Developer

use
    ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ShaneBee

I would also save yourself some frustration and use Tuske for gui's. it's much more reliable. so yours would be
    Code (Skript):
    1. format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run player command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"

4. ShaneBee

i still get the error
    ERROR]: '"&cNext Page" to close then run player' is not a text (ggg.sk, line 36: format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to close then player command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%"')

5. ShaneBee

is this in a command? if so it may be your "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1%" bit if it can't find your referenced argument. I just ran this test command on my server and it works perfectly:
    Code (Skript):
    1. command /test:
    2.     trigger:
    3.         open virtual chest inventory named "test" to player
    4.         format gui slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run player command "/broadcast test"
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 28, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 28, 2017 ---
    http://puu.sh/wVuVS/86c1e73708.jpg
    http://puu.sh/wVuXG/fdbced4f41.jpg

6. ShaneBee

it could be my version of skript or skquery can you tell me the version of yours

7. ShaneBee

Mhm, I use Bensku's fork dev 29. and I just updated my skquery when I moved to MC 1.12 so I have whatever the latest is there

8. ShaneBee

what version would you recommend me to use for a 1.8.8 server as the latest version doesnt work for my server.

9. ShaneBee

I think dev 20 was the one of the last 1.8 updates for bensku, but that's not to say it will make it work. I've only ever had it for dev 27+ on 1.11+. You could start there though and test it to see if one of the version around that time will work

10. ShaneBee

format slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]

i tried with a different version and got this error:
    ERROR]: The percent sign is used for expressions (e.g. %player%). To insert a '%' type it twice: %%. (ggg.sk, line 36: format slot 17 of player with ("Mhf_arrowright" parsed as offline player)'s skull named "&cNext Page" to run [make player execute command "hbgvfgvfcd %arg-1"]')

11. ShaneBee

just as the error says, you are missing a percent sign here
    [​IMG]
    it should be %arg-1%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.