Is something like this possible with skript?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefqnutz

Sep 23, 2019
Hello, so today I wanted to remake the rust building mechanics I've seen a video where someone used a plugin not a skript. And I was wondering if you can remake that in skript.
Here is the video:
Thanks!

It's it possible? Yes. I've seen someone make an entire Rust remake server using Skript and doing all the work themselves.

How? It's not a simple answer. A lot of work goes into things like this. Basically you are sending client side blocks (the glass) to show where the blueprint will be pasted. And then when conditions are met, you are setting the blocks at that location.

Alright
[doublepost=1569394396,1569340525][/doublepost]Atleast can you give me an event that I could start this? I really don't know how should I start this....

Alright
[doublepost=1569394396,1569340525][/doublepost]Atleast can you give me an event that I could start this? I really don't know how should I start this....
If you don't know how to start this, I don't recommend that you start it.

Im sorry but I have to agree with TPGamesNL

As I stated, creating a system like this isn't going to be like 5 lines of code. You are probably going to have 100+ lines.
You could use a multitude of events to start this, such as a tool change event, a sneak event, inventory click event, you could even use a command.
That is just step one in the 20+ steps you're going to be doing here.
And I have to admit, if you are stumped on step #1, then this is probably not the right task for you to be attempting to do.

I recommend getting more comfortable with basic Skript before attempting to do something this advanced.
Start by making some simple things, then move on to more advanced things.

When attempting to do something of this nature, break it down, and work on each part separately rather than looking at the whole picture and trying to build the whole system in one go.

I probably didn't had to ask for the whole thing, what I want is an idea on how should I do so that when you right click
So that it like creates a wall where the player looks (pretty much on the center of the screen)
I just want to know that. If you can give me an idea on how should I do that then I would end this thread and just stop asking.

Last edited:
Most likely use a click event, and some conditions to check and make sure the player is holding some specific tool.
Then set the blocks relative to the location in the centre, ie 1 block east, 1 block west, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.