Detect Minecraft Version

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_2004

Feb 21, 2017
This is probably impossible but I'll ask anyways.
Is there a way to detect the player's client version that they're using? I want to allow only 1.13.2 players into a survival world but to do that I need to check what version that player's client is using. My server allows people with versions 1.8x - 1.13x.

Thanks.
[doublepost=1545993122,1545992269][/doublepost]I figured it out but ViaVersion sets your minecraft version to the server version so Skript picks that up instead of the client version. If anyone has a work around that'll be great :emoji_slight_smile:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    200.8 KB · Views: 496
This is probably impossible but I'll ask anyways.
Is there a way to detect the player's client version that they're using? I want to allow only 1.13.2 players into a survival world but to do that I need to check what version that player's client is using. My server allows people with versions 1.8x - 1.13x.

Thanks.
[doublepost=1545993122,1545992269][/doublepost]I figured it out but ViaVersion sets your minecraft version to the server version so Skript picks that up instead of the client version. If anyone has a work around that'll be great :emoji_slight_smile:

There is not a effective 100% sollid way of detecting this. Only thing you properly can do is wenn people join with the wrong version send them back to the lobby. Can be configured in bungee i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.