Packet Nametags

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvark

Dec 28, 2017
Hello SkUnity,
this is my first post and I appreciate any feedback if I did something wrong.

First of all, i wonder if there is way how to edit nametag of player for other players.
I am making team-based minigame and I want the nametags to be coloured red, if player is enemy and green, if player is teammate.
From what i learned, i think that this is possible with MundoSK addon and its packets feature, but i am not sure.
Correct me if I am wrong, if not how can I do that?

Thanks,
Kvark

You can use NametagEdit and any addon that supports NametagEdit (Skellett, Umbaska, others) (Tag me if you would like a link to the latest NametagEdit)

Doing packet work for these "client side" nametags requires a lot of fiddling with scoreboards in NMS coding, NametagEdit does this for us with a good and well maintained API.

You can use NametagEdit and any addon that supports NametagEdit (Skellett, Umbaska, others) (Tag me if you would like a link to the latest NametagEdit)

Doing packet work for these "client side" nametags requires a lot of fiddling with scoreboards in NMS coding, NametagEdit does this for us with a good and well maintained API.

Can you please send me the syntax? I can't find it anywhere, I use Skellett.

Thank you very much :emoji_wink:
[doublepost=1514999447,1514999374][/doublepost]Well, i tried that but it seems to not work. I am running CraftBukkit 1.8.8 and Skellett nametags doesn't work for me. Skellett disables a lot of other things too. About Umbaska, I can't find any compatible version for my Server/Skript. I found effect in WildSkript that allows players to see individual tags, however it doesn't work after i edit nametag normally. Help?

Thank you very much :emoji_wink:
[doublepost=1514999447,1514999374][/doublepost]Well, i tried that but it seems to not work. I am running CraftBukkit 1.8.8 and Skellett nametags doesn't work for me. Skellett disables a lot of other things too. About Umbaska, I can't find any compatible version for my Server/Skript. I found effect in WildSkript that allows players to see individual tags, however it doesn't work after i edit nametag normally. Help?
Upgrade to 1.9 then you will get support for Bensku’s fork. Also, it’s disabling stuff because you’re using craftbukkit (I think). Use Spigot

Thanks, i forgot about that bensku's fork support. But i can't upgrade to 1.9 right now. Also I think i use Spigot, just it says CraftBukkit with implemented API.

Can you send me optimal version of Skellett for 1.8.8, please? I am using the newest version, but i think Nametags are only for 1.11+
IMG_20180104_102144.JPG
:/
[doublepost=1515058944,1515057795][/doublepost]
This is possible on 1.8 just not easy
Things don't have to be easy. If there is any solution i accept it.

Can you send me optimal version of Skellett for 1.8.8, please? I am using the newest version, but i think Nametags are only for 1.11+ View attachment 1609 :/
[doublepost=1515058944,1515057795][/doublepost]
Things don't have to be easy. If there is any solution i accept it.
Any Skellett version will work on any Spigot version. In the older Skellett versions I made a custom nametag system but it only worked for everyone and you couldn't have client side nametags. I removed that and make the nametag syntax for NametagEdit. Use the syntax as posted above and make sure NametagEdit runs on your version, you may need a 1.8 version of NametagEdit to work. Post any errors that you have from either the addons or NametagEdit for us to solve if you come across any.

Any Skellett version will work on any Spigot version. In the older Skellett versions I made a custom nametag system but it only worked for everyone and you couldn't have client side nametags. I removed that and make the nametag syntax for NametagEdit. Use the syntax as posted above and make sure NametagEdit runs on your version, you may need a 1.8 version of NametagEdit to work. Post any errors that you have from either the addons or NametagEdit for us to solve if you come across any.
All NameTagEdit versions work on 1.8. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
I used to use it and it worked fine,

Aha, nametag syntax didn't work because Skellett wasn't hooked into NametagEdit. :-D
As @BrettPlayMC said, NametagEdit works fine.

skelltett_config.png

^ I set it to true and it works now. BUT it shows edited nametags to all players. I don't know how make this individuall, there isn't any input that determine which client is supposed to see edited nametag.
prefix.png

[doublepost=1515082815,1515082416][/doublepost]*{pre} represents a player

Last edited:
Check the syntax, maybe there's an optional part for it. With packets you'd have to send a destroy entity packet and spawn player packet (with the new name) to the players you want to see it

Check the syntax, maybe there's an optional part for it. With packets you'd have to send a destroy entity packet and spawn player packet (with the new name) to the players you want to see it
If I understand this right, i have to delete entity for a player, then spawn it again with all data such as position, inventory etc?

If I understand this right, i have to delete entity for a player, then spawn it again with all data such as position, inventory etc?
no you just need to delete then spawn the entity, and probably it's armor

Status
Not open for further replies.