Color code format thru other plugin

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

jxstinnn

Jul 16, 2023
Hey guys, i made a skript for chatcolor voucher but im using a other plugin for the chat colors so now its.

execute console command "chatcolor add %player% &3"

But because skript registers &3 as a color code its not sended as a message with the command.
Does anyone have solution to this?

You could try to see if there's an alternative variation of the chatcolor voucher command. For example maybe something like: /chatcolor add Example aqua. If that doesn't work, you could try using the § symbol and see if that makes a difference. If all of those solutions fail though; you can just mimic the normal message in your code.
Example:
Code:
send "&9[Chatcolor] &fYour chat color has been set to &3this&f!" to player # Modify to your liking

Its not really about that, the plugin im using to set the chatcolor needs to be

/chatcolor add %player% &a

And when i tell skript to execute that command as console, it registers &a as a color code so it doesnt send as &a but just as blank.

Im trying to fix that skript doesnt register it as a color code

Variable didnt work either.

Its not really about that, the plugin im using to set the chatcolor needs to be

And when i tell skript to execute that command as console, it registers &a as a color code so it doesnt send as &a but just as blank.

Im trying to fix that skript doesnt register it as a color code

Variable didnt work either.
Maybe something you could do is set a color code with something like:

Code:
set {Example} to formatted "&a" # You should experiment with it and try 'unformatted' or 'uncolored'. I'm not sure either of those would work, but it's worth a shot.

You can set a local variable to the color without the symbol and then using that in the on command.
Something like this:

code_language.skript:
set {_y} to "a"
execute console command "chatcolor add %player% &%{_y}%"
This works for me I tested it using a function and following code:
code_language.skript:
function testFormat():
    set {_y} to "a"
    broadcast "&%{_y}%"

Reactions: Luke_Sky_Walker
Both of your answers give 0 errors but still both dont work, the paper doesnt even go out of my inventory anymore.

on right click:
if name of paper is "&fChatkleur: &aLicht Groen":
remove 1 of tool from tool
set {_lichtgroen} to "&a"
execute console command "chatcolor add %player% %{_lichtgroen}%"
send "&a&lᴛᴇʀᴀʜᴍᴄ &fJe hebt nu je &aLicht Groene &fchatkleur verzilverd."

Its in dutch tho :emoji_slight_smile:

Well read what I said how you’re supposed to do it again and then do it again because you didn’t to it as I told you. You’re supposed to set the variable just to the letter and then put the symbol before the variable in the execute effect

How you did it:
A14136B6-B584-4640-BF88-DB4B10C75CD9.jpeg

How i told you to do it:
0DCA22D5-6427-4014-86D0-E9B44AF08DFA.jpeg

That didnt work either, and the item still doesnt go out of my hand so i dont understand the bugs anymore..