Help with running commands

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimattur

Sep 6, 2021
SOLVED:
in case anyone was wondering I just had quotes around the tags section

Script Version : 2.5.3
Script Author: Antimattur
Minecraft Version: 1.16.5
Full Code:
Code:
on right click:
    if player is holding stick with name "wand":
        set {_player} to player
        make console execute "/execute at %{_player}% run summon armor_stand ^ ^ ^5 {NoGravity:1b, Silent:1b, Invulnerable:1b, Invisible:1b, Tags:["aim"]}"
        if distance between location of targeted entity of player and location of player is less than 10:
            set {_aim} to location of targeted entity of player
            drawLine particle redstone, RGB 0, 1, 1, center player, target {_aim}, id "%player%", solid true, density 5, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 32, displacementXYZ 0, 1.2, 0, pulseDelay 1
            make console execute "/kill @e[type=armor_stand,tag=aim]"

command /wand:
    trigger:
        give player stick with name "wand"
command /aimloc:
    trigger:
        make console execute "/execute at %{_player}% run summon armor_stand ^ ^ ^5 {NoGravity:1b, Silent:1b, Invulnerable:1b, Invisible:1b, Tags:["aim"]}"

Errors
Can't understand this condition/effect: make console execute "execute at %{_player}"% run summon armor_stand ^ ^ ^5 {NoGravity:1b, Silent:1b, Invulnerable:1b, Invisible:1b, Tags:["aim"]}" (wand.sk, line 4: 'make console execute Can't understand this condition/effect: make console execute "execute at %{_player}"% run summon armor_stand ^ ^ ^5 {NoGravity:1b, Silent:1b, Invulnerable:1b, Invisible:1b, Tags:["aim"]}"')

Other Useful Info:
Addons using (including versions):

SkDragon v0.17.5
SkRayFall v1.9.25
SkQuery v4.14
TuSKe v1.8.2

Troubleshooting:
I have tried multiple versions of the "make console execute" syntax.

Tell me if there is anything that I am forgetting to mention here or if you need more info

Last edited:
Script Version : 2.5.3
Script Author: Antimattur
Minecraft Version: 1.16.5
Full Code:
Code:
on right click:
    if player is holding stick with name "wand":
        set {_player} to player
        if distance between location of targeted entity of player and location of player is less than 10:
            set {_aim} to location of targeted entity of player
            drawLine particle redstone, RGB 0, 1, 1, center player, target {_aim}, id "%player%", solid true, density 5, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 32, displacementXYZ 0, 1.2, 0, pulseDelay 1
            make console execute "/kill @e[type=armor_stand,tag=aim]"

command /wand:
    trigger:
        give player stick with name "wand"
command /aimloc:
    trigger:

Errors
Can't understand this condition/effect: make console execute "execute at %{_player}"% run summon armor_stand ^ ^ ^5 {NoGravity:1b, Silent:1b, Invulnerable:1b, Invisible:1b, Tags:["aim"]}" (wand.sk, line 4: 'make console execute Can't understand this condition/effect: make console execute "execute at %{_player}"% run summon armor_stand ^ ^ ^5 {NoGravity:1b, Silent:1b, Invulnerable:1b, Invisible:1b, Tags:["aim"]}"')

Other Useful Info:
Addons using (including versions):

SkDragon v0.17.5
SkRayFall v1.9.25
SkQuery v4.14
TuSKe v1.8.2

Troubleshooting:
I have tried multiple versions of the "make console execute" syntax.

Tell me if there is anything that I am forgetting to mention here or if you need more info

Code:
console command "command"

Code:
console command "command"
I still get the same error just it says it doesn't understand the effect/condition console command

Edit: I think it has something to do with the command, because it works fine with other commands. I also tested the command and it worked when I ran it.

I still get the same error just it says it doesn't understand the effect/condition console command

Edit: I think it has something to do with the command, because it works fine with other commands. I also tested the command and it worked when I ran it.

You need to double quotes inside...

I assume the issue is that you have
"command stuff here ["Tag Name"]}"
Code:
"command stuff here ["Tag Name"]}"

and because you have 4 quotation marks I think that (Highlighted Quotation) makes Skript end the command there.

["Tag Name"]}"

Reactions: Antimattur
Status
Not open for further replies.