GUI manager: SkQuery or TuSKe+?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TuSKe works without SkQuery. SkQuery is old, it lacks with many bugs. I remade it all in tuske just to fix all this and add a bunch of features, such as performance too. In case you need help to see all features, you can check it in my github or this tutorial.

Personally, I prefer Tuske for the performance & the features in to work around with GUI.
I just got a problem with it , it needs a lot of time to load everytime and i don't know how to fix that.
However , @Tuke_Nuke did a really great job with his addon.

Personally, I prefer Tuske for the performance & the features in to work around with GUI.
I just got a problem with it , it needs a lot of time to load everytime and i don't know how to fix that.
However , @Tuke_Nuke did a really great job with his addon.
Tuske advanced guis load a lot faster than the simple gui format

Not really , im just using the default type of sintax like skquery , the load time is like insane.
Tuske takes more than 1 minute.
Skquery not more than 5 seconds.
dev29 also takes lots of time to parse. And the syntax takes almost always as much time to parse because of the optional stuff and all.

So there isn't a way to load gui sintax faster? (like skQuery)
It depends on the syntax, there are also words that makes the parser yet slower. And I don't have this issue to be honest, I've used skQuery's format slot and TuSKe's GUI Manager and it's the same load time for me.

Yeah, skellet's much better!
Skellett doesn't have anything similar to the format slot? It just adds "event values" for the inventory click event, not needed if you're running the bensku's fork (as these event values are in vanilla Skript now).

@Snow-Pyon

I tested it out with same sintax and same words.
Using latest version of bensku fork & tuske.

SkQuery load time: Loading in a punch of seconds
Tuske: Loading in about 20 seconds

Code:
code_language.skript:
function loadingPanel(p: player):
    open virtual chest inventory with size 5 named "&9Loading..." to {_p}
    loop 3 times:
        create a gui slot 23 of {_p} with Air named " " to do nothing
        create a gui slot 21 of {_p} with Light Green Stained Glass Pane named " " to do nothing
        wait 2 ticks
        create a gui slot 21 of {_p} with Air named " " to do nothing
        create a gui slot 22 of {_p} with Light Green Stained Glass Pane named " " to do nothing
        wait 2 ticks
        create a gui slot 22 of {_p} with Air named " " to do nothing
        create a gui slot 23 of {_p} with Light Green Stained Glass Pane named " " to do nothing
        wait 2 ticks

@Snow-Pyon

Code:
code_language.skript:
    loop 3 times:
        create a gui slot 21 of {_p} with Light Green Stained Glass Pane named " " to do nothing
        wait 2 ticks
        create a gui slot 22 of {_p} with Light Green Stained Glass Pane named " " to do nothing
        wait 2 ticks
        create a gui slot 23 of {_p} with Light Green Stained Glass Pane named " " to do nothing
        wait 2 ticks
Well, I mainly use make rather than create, and you know that the last version has parser issues, so it isn't the best one for try it.

@Snow-Pyon

Code:
code_language.skript:
    loop 3 times:
        wait 2 ticks
        wait 2 ticks
        wait 2 ticks

That's a Skript issue sadly, and just to correct, It's not the length of syntax that makes it parse longer but some other stuffs like the amount of parameters.
Even if I change the syntax to like gui %number% %player% %item%, which technically is so small, it would take the same time (or about a bit faster, but irrelevant).

The only way I found was to completely change the format of syntax, which uses less parameters and loads faster (more than anything related to guis). It is called Advanced GUIs, currently the only tutorial about it is in my github.

Reactions: Hexivoid and FUZIK
Status
Not open for further replies.