New Skript Coming

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay? And where in those two quotes does @Hola say he's going to administrate the whole community... ?
Are you blind? "Administrates skript language", he even declared a new syntax for it. Definitely not in correlation to administration or anything like that lmao

Are you blind? "Administrates skript language", he even declared a new syntax for it. Definitely not in correlation to administration or anything like that lmao
Skript as a language isn't the community. Plain and simple.

He can administrate his own fork all he wants. :emoji_wink:

Hi all,
Nice to see some constructive criticism. Here is some more syntax for you to enjoy:
code_language.skript:
[LoadEvent]
@PlayerBlockPlacedEvent(block = "dirt|grass") // Matches dirt or grass blocks
@Permission("demoPlugin.useDirt")
func EventDemo(Player sender, Block block)
{
    block.Destroy();
    sender.Kill("Blocks are cool, but not these blocks.");
    Console.Log("Evil " + block.Name + " block was destroyed at " + block.X + ", " + block.Y + ", " + block.Z + ".");
}
I hope y’all like this a bit more. Again, constructive criticism is always welcome.

PS: I’m actually not trying to administer this forum! The Skommittee just does Skript, no forums.
[doublepost=1493956825,1493956116][/doublepost]Look,
The idea is that Skript has gone a bit too far for what it is. It basically has no structure and manages to have a much less intuitive syntax than PHP.
New Skript just wants to provide the same basic concept as Old Skript, just with an actual syntax.

PS: Both use English words. Skript already has a ton of totally random symbols that have gone too far. That’s the raison d’être for New Skript.

Don't worry guys, I, with the approval of the Skript Alliance, the Skalliance (which consists of just me so far), will create a new Skript that truly improves the language compared to this Java rip-off. Here is an example of the syntax so far:

code_language.skript:
when the guy clicks the mouse button:
     make the comparison between the thing and the other thing
     if the thing is doing the thing while the thingy is running:
          make the thing that I want to happen happen
          don't break
          no, I don't care about variable conflicts
          you bet I'm using numbers for item ids
          why would you make that error, everything is perfect

Constructive feedback only please!

Don't worry guys, I, with the approval of the Skript Alliance, the Skalliance (which consists of just me so far), will create a new Skript that truly improves the language compared to this Java rip-off. Here is an example of the syntax so far:

code_language.skript:
          don't break

You are the new forum Owner! Congratulations!

Reactions: Gladrian

code_language.skript:
          don't break

May you could include a anticheat like this:
code_language.skript:
If there is a noob hacker,
    Piss of the noob hacker and also kill em

Reactions: Gladrian
May you could include a anticheat like this:
code_language.skript:
If there is a noob hacker,
    Piss of the noob hacker and also kill em

Nah, that's way too complicated. It will look something like this:

code_language.skript:
when the server is on the interwebs:
     make all the bad players go away

code_language.skript:
On New Skript coming:
    Cancel event
Well played hahaha.

Also, @Rezz in reply to your comment, he didn't say that he was an administrator of the community but of Skript as a whole. @Hola it is not your language, Skript was not made by you and is not owned by you. There is no such thing as the "Skommittee". You can happily do whatever you want but I doubt that anyone here will create that for you, you're on your own when creating a 'New Skript'. Also, it's probably just easier going from Skript to Python or something else as it is a lot easier to use.

@BaeFell Please lock or say something about the situation..
[doublepost=1493966757,1493965968][/doublepost]
Hi all,
Nice to see some constructive criticism. Here is some more syntax for you to enjoy:
code_language.skript:
[LoadEvent]
@PlayerBlockPlacedEvent(block = "dirt|grass") // Matches dirt or grass blocks
@Permission("demoPlugin.useDirt")
func EventDemo(Player sender, Block block)
{
    block.Destroy();
    sender.Kill("Blocks are cool, but not these blocks.");
    Console.Log("Evil " + block.Name + " block was destroyed at " + block.X + ", " + block.Y + ", " + block.Z + ".");
}
I hope y’all like this a bit more. Again, constructive criticism is always welcome.

PS: I’m actually not trying to administer this forum! The Skommittee just does Skript, no forums.
[doublepost=1493956825,1493956116][/doublepost]Look,
The idea is that Skript has gone a bit too far for what it is. It basically has no structure and manages to have a much less intuitive syntax than PHP.
New Skript just wants to provide the same basic concept as Old Skript, just with an actual syntax.

PS: Both use English words. Skript already has a ton of totally random symbols that have gone too far. That’s the raison d’être for New Skript.
You'll have a very hard time putting that type of syntax into this. If it's so close to Java, what's the point? They may as well spend a bit more time just learning Java with a few mistakes instead of just learning a whole new language.
[doublepost=1493967070][/doublepost]
It's a lot more similar to Java and 'any other similar programming language' than Skript is right now... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Skript was never meant to be a stepping stone for new programmers. Skript was meant to make things easy and understandable for someone who didn't want to get into Java and spend loads of time creating something in a few lines on Skript. Skript was made for ease of use, to easily see what's going on. If a 10 year old just wants a special command on his/her server, he/she can easily make whatever he wants with Skript. It also makes it easier for the community to make scripts for requests given... If you want a stepping stone language for new programmers then go to Python.

Seems to be alot of PJ salty players on this form, although i don't full agree with his idea, and it somewhat defeats the purpose of Skript being a simple language for simple people to understand. I can see where this guy is coming from i mean creating something like skript that is for the "Simple person" to underatand is that, yes the syntax might be easy but you can't do much with it unless you use your brain and pair the syntax with a bit of logic, however most users are just "Simple people" so they don't know logic, hence the amount of help threads which brain dead questions.

Anyway, @Hola never said he owned the skript community, nor did he say he was going to be an administrator and take over, he said, he Administrated his own community called "Skorifgmsdgfs" (Forgot the name - cba to go back ) this is within his power, Skript is open sourced and he is able to create his own fork if he wishes, i don't see you all complaining when Umbaska creates an addon then gets there own special category on the forms called "Umbaska modules".

Hola is in all right to create his own fork, he simply came here asking for suggestions and feedback and everyone has shown flame and hatered, i ask that @BaeFell cleans this thread up of the trolls.

Everyone I am currently in the process of writing a new Skript like language. Here is what I have so far:
code_language.skript:
If a haxer joins the surbur:
    If they are haxing like a pro:
        Tell them to stop
        Banish their ass from my surbur
How do you like it so far?

code_language.skript:
          don't break

Omg you're an actual genius. I am dying.

Seems to be alot of PJ salty players on this form, although i don't full agree with his idea, and it somewhat defeats the purpose of Skript being a simple language for simple people to understand. I can see where this guy is coming from i mean creating something like skript that is for the "Simple person" to underatand is that, yes the syntax might be easy but you can't do much with it unless you use your brain and pair the syntax with a bit of logic, however most users are just "Simple people" so they don't know logic, hence the amount of help threads which brain dead questions.

Anyway, @Hola never said he owned the skript community, nor did he say he was going to be an administrator and take over, he said, he Administrated his own community called "Skorifgmsdgfs" (Forgot the name - cba to go back ) this is within his power, Skript is open sourced and he is able to create his own fork if he wishes, i don't see you all complaining when Umbaska creates an addon then gets there own special category on the forms called "Umbaska modules".

Hola is in all right to create his own fork, he simply came here asking for suggestions and feedback and everyone has shown flame and hatered, i ask that @BaeFell cleans this thread up of the trolls.
He said that he administrated the Skript language all together, not the community. It's not that we hate him, but the way he has attempted to force the idea on Skript is a bit offensive. He started by saying and not asking that he was an administrator of the Skript language as a whole (Yes, check quotes.).
[doublepost=1493990220,1493989705][/doublepost]
The Skommittee is the committee that administrates the Skript language. Its members are as following:
  1. Me
If you are interested in joining please let me know so important discisions can be made about New Skript.
@Jordan

Everyone I am currently in the process of writing a new Skript like language. Here is what I have so far:
code_language.skript:
If a haxer joins the surbur:
    If they are haxing like a pro:
        Tell them to stop
        Banish their ass from my surbur
How do you like it so far?
Yes luv it it very gud syntox.

Naem it lolcatsk plox kthxbye

I think the whole post is just a joke...
But if not I think you have to convince many people because they all are just in Skript... But however if there will be your Plugin I'll definitely try it :emoji_slight_smile:

He said that he administrated the Skript language all together, not the community. It's not that we hate him, but the way he has attempted to force the idea on Skript is a bit offensive. He started by saying and not asking that he was an administrator of the Skript language as a whole (Yes, check quotes.).
[doublepost=1493990220,1493989705][/doublepost] @Jordan
I think he worded it badly and meant he administrated the "New Skript" his fork language.

If @Hola wants to make it, he can make it. However, it cannot change Skript as a language... He doesn't decide where Skript goes, he can't "vote on a new syntax". He can create his own plugin, his own language and his own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.