Excavator

Script Excavator 1.3.2

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

cheezburga

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
cheezburga submitted a new resource:

Excavator - Adds upgradeable quarry-like excavators to your server.

Adds excavators to your server.

This script requires Skript, SkBee, skript-reflect, and skript-gui. It was coded using Skript 2.7.2, SkBee 2.18.4, skript-reflect 2.3.1 (Shane's fork), and skript-gui 1.3.

Credit to @youcandream on Discord for the idea.

Getting an excavator:
  • Currently, running the /excavator (get|give) command will give you an excavator.
  • I plan on adding a recipe to craft them in the future...

Read more about this resource...

cheezburga updated Excavator with a new update entry:

More fixes and updated tool system

Changes and fixes:
  • Removed debug broadcast which was accidentally left in v1.0.1
  • Added option for enchants per tool before moving to next tool
  • Added option for exponent increase per tool upgrade
  • Changed particle line to draw to 2 under excavator, instead of 3
  • Changed tool upgrades and pricing
  • Changed action bar message when trying to buy already maxed tool
  • Changed names of items in the Options GUI
  • Fixed cycling and opening storages
New tool...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pickaxes and shovels

New tool system
  • The tool system now supports both pickaxes and shovels.
  • To use the new feature, right click the tool in the Options GUI. This will switch the tool to the equivalent shovel or pickaxe, respective to which was previously in use.
    • For example, a gold pickaxe with efficiency 3 will turn into a gold shovel with efficiency 3
  • This allows the excavator to not get stuck on dirt, gravel, etc. All you need to do is switch the tool by...

Autoswitcher

Autoswitcher
  • The autoswitcher is a purchaseable upgrade for any excavator which costs 10000 by default, but this price is configurable as an option.
  • It's in the name, but the autoswitcher checks to see if the current tool of the excavator is the preferred tool for the next block its going to mine.
    • For example, if the next block to be mined is dirt, and the current tool is a pickaxe, it will automatically switch the tool to a shovel for the dirt block.

Fuel

The Fuel Update:
  • Excavators now require fuel to mine blocks.
  • You can add fuel to your excavator by opening its Options GUI, clicking the furnace, and dropping your fuel in the middle slot.
  • Fuel sources (currently coal or charcoal), can add different amounts of fuel to an excavator
    • For example, coal is currently set to add 2 to the fuel of the excavator, while charcoal is set to add 1.
    • These values are changeable in the on load structure of the...

Small fixes

Small fixes:
  • Changed the name of the use-fuel option to require-fuel, for clarity.
  • Changed how block damage was sent. Players will now see block damage from all excavators.
  • Changed check for valid fuel type in inventory click event for future updates.
  • Changed storageToOpen metadata maintaining across excavators. Will now always reset to 1.
  • Fixed new storage price not being displayed in Options GUI after buying a storage.

Server crashes

Do not disable the script while excavators are placed and looping!

For some reason at the moment, if this script is disabled while there are excavators placed and looping, it seems to just brick any server. No idea why this happens currently (I would've assumed that the while loops are stopped on disable), but I'll release a new version as soon as I can. To my knowledge, breaking all excavators before disabling should prevent the server from dying, but...