- Supported Minecraft Versions:
This relatively short script adds raytracing concepts into your Minecraft server with relative ease. This is not intended to be useful, it's just to showcase what is possible using a language such as Skript.
The entire thing is written in vanilla Skript but it requires Skript-Reflect in order to output onto holograms (Reflect is used to bypass the name character cap) and it requires a beefy computer to handle the output hologram (it kills your fps fast).
How does it work?
Well currently it only takes in what you previously built in game and then raytraces it and spits out what it would look like with raytracing features (pretty dumbed down right now). This does not add onto existing stuff into the world (yet?).
How fast is it?
Not really fast at all, doing a basic 256x256 render takes around 1 minute, the same scene but at 1024x1024 resolution took around 26 minutes to render.
Alright what stuff does it do so far?
- Arbitrary output resolutions
- A moveable and rotatable camera
- Moveable point light
- Shadows (with configurable shadow hardness)
- Reflections (with configurable max bounces)
- Custom sky colors
- Solid coloring
- UV/Texture mapping at any resolution
What is planned on being added?
- Convert global UV/texture map size to local sizes
- Support for arbitrary meshes/models (obj model support)
- Support for multiple light sources (and types)
- Emissive textures
What a build looks like beforehand (take note of the blue concrete)
The following output images were converted from the hologram form to an actual image form (see last image for hologram form)
What a build looks like afterwards (with no textures)
What a build looks like afterwards (with basic textures (the grass))
What the output looks like when in hologram form
- ShaneBee for the name workaround snippet
- Sorbon for the RGB to HEX conversion functions
Welcome to skUnity!
Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.
If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!
Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!
Script SKRTX 1.0
The "we have raytracing at home" script