New Skript Coming

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hola

Feb 9, 2017
Hello,
This is the New Skript. The Skript Committee (the Skommittee, it’s just me so far) has voted upon a new Skript syntax. The language will be redone from the ground up. It will be easy to learn! Here is a sample of what to expect from a simple plugin.

code_language.skript:
[LoadCommand]
@Command(command: "demo", syntax: "/demo <text>", description: "This is the demo for New Skript")
@Permission("demoPlugin.demo")
func Demo(Player sender, ArgList args)
{
    sender.Message("Hello there! You said " + args.First());
}
[doublepost=1493778407,1493778371][/doublepost]Note that nothing here is final and will change.

Hello,
This is the New Skript. The Skript Committee (the Skommittee, it’s just me so far) has voted upon a new Skript syntax. The language will be redone from the ground up. It will be easy to learn! Here is a sample of what to expect from a simple plugin.

code_language.skript:
[LoadCommand]
@Command(command: "demo", syntax: "/demo <text>", description: "This is the demo for New Skript")
{
}
[doublepost=1493778407,1493778371][/doublepost]Note that nothing here is final and will change.
No... just no... ManBearPig41...

Hello,

code_language.skript:
[LoadCommand]
{
}
LOL a bit like java

Thanks for your interest. I would appreciate some more constructive feedback, though.
The whole point in skript is for it to be as close to the english language as possible, from what i'm looking at, i might as well just learn java instead of this "New skript"

The Skript Committee (the Skommittee, it’s just me so far) has voted upon a new Skript syntax.
Wow, so democratic.

It doesn't look better than any existing languages. The entire point of Skript is to have an English-like language. This is just a bad C-like language. You're better off implementing Lua.

Wow, so democratic.

It doesn't look better than any existing languages. The entire point of Skript is to have an English-like language. This is just a bad C-like language. You're better off implementing Lua.
This is all true. Except maybe not Lua.

The Skript Committee (the Skommittee, it’s just me so far)
willy-wonka-please-tell-me-more.jpg

This just looks far too complicated. If you actually wanted to make something similar to Skript, don't just call it New Skript. Try to make the name completely different.

As well, Skript is meant to be plain english - not Java/C+.

If you want to start a community for your plugin, I'd recommend starting on Spigot or something; this is not the place.

The Skommittee is the committee that administrates the Skript language. Its members are as following:
  1. Me
If you are interested in joining please let me know so important discisions can be made about New Skript.
I think I say this on behalf on the community here by saying:

There is no 'Skommittee' and you are not able to administrate anything. You literally created a post claiming that you some how now have control over the Skript language. That's like me going to Microsoft and saying "I'm now on the committee that administrates Windows". It's not going to happen, if you want a new language like that then make it yourself.
[doublepost=1493879717,1493879614][/doublepost]
Hello,

code_language.skript:
[LoadCommand]
{
}
Also, that syntax won't help anyone get into Java or any other similar programming languages because it has some pretty weird and useless additions. That will just confuse them...

The Skommittee is the committee that administrates the Skript language.
No. If anyone would "administrate" the language, it would certainly NOT be you. No one asked you to do this. No one wants you to do this. You are just some random no-name with too much self-confidence.

Looking at the comment section here I think it's pretty clear that we do not like the idea that you have claimed to be already existent. I'm sorry that your idea was not fulfilled but you simply can't just force your own hierarchy on an already popular community. If you want to get to the top of something, you need to show support and work hard to prove yourself. We know you meant well, but this is not the best way to go about it. @BaeFell Can you lock this? I think it's clear the community has shown their opinion and it's not worth just leaving it to get more hate.

The Skommittee is the committee that administrates the Skript language. Its members are as following:
  1. Me
If you are interested in joining please let me know so important discisions can be made about New Skript.
Not much of a committee then.

I acknowledge and appreciate your effort at trying to be innovative and creating a new way for skript, but this is not ideal. The point of skript is the simplicity. Your rendition of it is not simplistic. It is not easier than what is currently our. If you're going to format it so closely to actual languages then you might as just learn the language fully.

Also a future note; if you don't want to piss people off immediately, don't go into a community and call yourself a member of a one man committee that administrates a whole community when no one knows who you are.

There is no 'Skommittee' and you are not able to administrate anything. You literally created a post claiming that you some how now have control over the Skript language. That's like me going to Microsoft and saying "I'm now on the committee that administrates Windows".
@Hola can create his own fork and modify it however he wants. Skript is open source.

It's not going to happen, if you want a new language like that then make it yourself.
I thought that was the point.

Also, that syntax won't help anyone get into Java or any other similar programming languages because it has some pretty weird and useless additions. That will just confuse them...
It's a lot more similar to Java and 'any other similar programming language' than Skript is right now... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No. If anyone would "administrate" the language, it would certainly NOT be you. No one asked you to do this. No one wants you to do this. You are just some random no-name with too much self-confidence.
No one has to ask him to do it, or even want it. Again, Skript is open source. You can fork it and make any change you want.

Also a future note; if you don't want to piss people off immediately, don't go into a community and call yourself a member of a one man committee that administrates a whole community when no one knows who you are.
I don't think he ever said he was administrating the whole community.

Status
Not open for further replies.