Improving certain skript for $50.

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

sandor_1234

Jan 26, 2017
I am hiring some one that could make this skript:
(Deleted)
In java cuz i made this skript when my server was small but now with more players its causing huge lagg.
My budget is $50 its a sort off faction skript.

Last edited:
That's a medium/huge request , 50 is a low budget for my opinion but good luck on your search.
Because its a faction like skript and there are lots off faction like plugins out there with source codes you could use and thats the main after that some other things and than its done. So $50 looks good to me.

I am hiring some one that could make this skript:
https://hastebin.com/notaruziba.vbs
In java cuz i made this skript when my server was small but now with more players its causing huge lagg.
My budget is $50 its a sort off faction skript.
Maybe try re-writing it so it's cleaner + more efficient? The lag can also come from your provider (depending on how many players there are) or anything else since there are many factors to creating lag.

i made this skript when my server was small but now with more players its causing huge lagg.
It lags because it's not optimized... like, at all.

I guarantee you that your script will speed up if you remove everything regarding YAML values. YAML support in Skript is terrible, to say the least - whichever addon you're using (to handle YAML) parses the file every single time you use its syntax (horrible for performance).

orrrrr just write your script better?

I guarantee you that your script will speed up if you remove everything regarding YAML values. YAML support in Skript is terrible, to say the least - whichever addon you're using (to handle YAML) parses the file every single time you use its syntax (horrible for performance).
I don't have time for this atm so i also made a thread about rewriting / optimizing this skript, so if any one wants to do that?
[doublepost=1493551675,1493446097][/doublepost]Bump

Just by looking at that long code, I can automatically tell you that it's not worth a java dev's time to do a copy of that in Java for $50. On the other hand, I doubt anyone would want to spend hours optimizing that code in Skript either. If you can't optimize it yourself because you don't have time, raise your money offer to make every minute of the person's time worth it.

Right now, I think you're better off doing it yourself because no one will want to optimize that code, like at all.

Just by looking at that long code, I can automatically tell you that it's not worth a java dev's time to do a copy of that in Java for $50. On the other hand, I doubt anyone would want to spend hours optimizing that code in Skript either. If you can't optimize it yourself because you don't have time, raise your money offer to make every minute of the person's time worth it.

Right now, I think you're better off doing it yourself because no one will want to optimize that code, like at all.
Welp, I would do it if I had a PC but that's not the case sadly.

Don't you still have one :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: ?

If some one thinks improving this skript will make my server lagg free i will also be paying $50 for some one who can optimize this skript as mutch as possible.

Still, no one is going to to optimize it because it will require a lot of testing and editing. Also, the editor getting sense of your code is not easy as it seems because the script is over 2k lines and it will take forever to understand it! Just rework the code since you know the logic and conditions of the script.

$50 is still a joke, increase it if you really want people to optimize the code.

Still, no one is going to to optimize it because it will require a lot of testing and editing. Also, the editor getting sense of your code is not easy as it seems because the script is over 2k lines and it will take forever to understand it! Just rework the code since you know the logic and conditions of the script.

$50 is still a joke, increase it if you really want people to optimize the code.
When i got a opportunity like this i would do it , skript is easy to learn when you read through all this code you will learn allot. Its not java allot of people with the age off 12-16 are really good with skript. In my country with the age off 16 you can work at a supermarket for €3 an our.
I would prefer fixing a skript and i think allot of others also would.
So i will wait for some new replies :emoji_slight_smile: .
[doublepost=1495960054,1495870339][/doublepost]bump

I believe that fixing the script is not that hard (just remove yaml and use the a .csv file). The question is whether you need to keep the data from the yaml files or not...

Good evening,
What does this skript bring you in addition to the faction plugin known to all?
The code is really bad on this skript :/

Is there another method to read, write and delete yaml with skript that does not lag?