Solved Download File to Player's Desktop

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

StretchPvP

Jan 26, 2017
Category:
?
Suggested name:
Downloader
What I want:
A Skript that downloads a file (from a URL) after a command has been executed.
Ideas for commands:
/download
Ideas for permissions:
[N/A]
When I'd like it by:
As soon as possible.
Note:
I've already attempted to make this and failed to do so. with:
code_language.skript:
download from "[URL]" to "Desktop"
Please make sure the Skript works!
Thanks!

Yes.

Use Rezz's json.sk.
That's exactly what I trying not to do, use the chat. I'm using the inventory by itself, or a command. If the command can open a link (WITHOUT DISPLAYING ANYTHING IN CHAT) then that would work.

For future reference: I am not using JSON, or anything displaying any message in the chat.

That's exactly what I trying not to do, use the chat. I'm using the inventory by itself, or a command. If the command can open a link (WITHOUT DISPLAYING ANYTHING IN CHAT) then that would work.

For future reference: I am not using JSON, or anything displaying any message in the chat.
You'll need some more advanced Skripting knowledge then.

So how would I ago about doing this? I can settle for using a link, instead of a direct download. The idea is to not use chat, because of a static inventory (can't close it while a player is frozen by staff). So I need something that will open a link, or download the software from the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
So would I ago about doing this? I can settle for using a link, instead of a direct download. The idea is to not use chat, because of a static inventory (can't close it while a player is frozen by staff). So I need something that will open a link, or download the software from the link.
Not directly possible, you need to use chat. You could just have text if you want saying to go TeamSpeak to download it.

As said before, you can't force a player to open a link and even less make he download something. The link can only be opened by the player when he clicks in the chat.

@BrettPlayMC I don't remember exactly which new addon does have it, but I'm pretty sure that SkUtilities does have that download effect.

Reactions: BrettPlayMC