Solved Campfire or block rotation / facing.

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeHee

Mar 4, 2017
How do I change the facing of a block or more specific a campfire?

You can't change the texture of an existing block.
When you interact with the block, you can change the block.

Example:
Code:
on right click on coal ore:
    set clicked block to iron ore

You should edit the textures yourself.

The texture for a campfire already exists. I want the block to face north, south, east or west. It is possible with the Minecraft debug_stick, to change the direction of the campfire. But I don't know how to do it in skript.

Okey, you need run a minecraft command:

Example:
Code:
execute console cammand "/setblock 481 4 -452 oak_stairs #12#"

#0-12# You can adjust entering values placed block direction.

"oak_stairs" Replace this with a directional block.

I'm talking about a skript in minecraft 1.15.2 and the setblock command has changed.
Code:
/setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:campfire[facing=north]

But I don't want to use commands to do stuff like that, and it is possible to change the facing of a furnace with Sk-NBeeT or SkBee, so it should also be possible with a campfire somehow.

The campfires facing can't be changed with Sk-NBeeT or SkBee, but I believe there must be another way to change the direction/facing of a block in skript.

Example from the docs: Facing of a furnace
Code:
set nbt-block at player to west facing furnace with nbt "{CustomName:""{\""text\"":\""&aFurnieFurnace\""}""}"

Last edited:
I'm talking about a skript in minecraft 1.15.2 and the setblock command has changed.
Code:
/setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:campfire[facing=north]

But I don't want to use commands to do stuff like that, and it is possible to change the facing of a furnace with SK-NBEET, so it should also be possible with a campfire somehow.

The campfires facing can't be changed with SK-NBEET, but I believe there must be another way to change the direction/facing of a block in skript.

Example from the docs: Facing of a furnace
Code:
set nbt-block at player to west facing furnace with nbt "{CustomName:""{\""text\"":\""&aFurnieFurnace\""}""}"

I understood.
You problem change the texture of a particular face.
I think you can only do this on block tissues in different facial.

6gSqsn.png
TO
nEWBsE.png

Both tissues here are available.

But for example it uses a stone texture. I don't think it can be changed because they don't have faces.
I don't know if the campfire has faces. If the campfire has faces can be done.

What? Are we talking about the same campfires? They're working just like any other block in Minecraft, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
ecYwFko.png

What? Are we talking about the same campfires? They're working just like any other block in Minecraft, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
ecYwFko.png

Yeah, I'm talking about campfire texture, no has campfire variable texture, there is only direction.
So it has a fixed texture. If what you want to do is burn more fire, you can add particles to the campfire block.

We are not talking about the same thing.

Some blocks have 4 different facings. Including campfires. I want to change the facing of the campfire block.

Minecraft block properties are as follows:
1) Fixed Block = No spec.
2) İnteractive Block = Can react with various triggers.
3) Directionable = Can be placed in directions.
4) Alternative Textured Block = Replaceable texture.

Campfire Blok properties: 1, 2, and 3.
[doublepost=1590439171,1590439098][/doublepost]
We are not talking about the same thing.

Some blocks have 4 different facings. Including campfires. I want to change the facing of the campfire block.

What is your minecraft version ?
[doublepost=1590439387][/doublepost]I control campfire properties, if not replaceable texture feature you need to edit the minecraft. :emoji_smile:
[doublepost=1590440746][/doublepost]Yes, no campfire change alternative texture, actually the texture of the logs you call different faces.

I just solved it. If you open the skript-2.4.jar file with winrar, and then open the folder aliases-english. You'll find decoration.sk. Somewhere it has two lines saying the following
Code:
    {waterloggable} {lightable} campfire¦s = minecraft:campfire
    {waterloggable} {lightable} signal[ing] campfire = minecraft:campfire[signal_fire=true]
If I change them to this
Code:
    {waterloggable} {lightable} {directional} campfire¦s = minecraft:campfire
    {waterloggable} {lightable} {directional} signal[ing] campfire = minecraft:campfire[signal_fire=true]

It is now possible to set a block with the facing I want.
Code:
set block at player to <east|west|south|north> facing campfire

I just solved it. If you open the skript-2.4.jar file with winrar, and then open the folder aliases-english. You'll find decoration.sk. Somewhere it has two lines saying the following
Code:
    {waterloggable} {lightable} campfire¦s = minecraft:campfire
    {waterloggable} {lightable} signal[ing] campfire = minecraft:campfire[signal_fire=true]
If I change them to this
Code:
    {waterloggable} {lightable} {directional} campfire¦s = minecraft:campfire
    {waterloggable} {lightable} {directional} signal[ing] campfire = minecraft:campfire[signal_fire=true]

It is now possible to set a block with the facing I want.
Code:
set block at player to <east|west|south|north> facing campfire

If it works, congratulations masterful job !
I have little scripting experience, I just used logic on the basics of minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.