This effect is not working and I don't know why

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidanete

Apr 11, 2017
code_language.skript:
on rightclick:
    player's tool is a compass named "<yellow>Spectate players":
        cancel event
        set {_slot} to 0
        open virtual chest inventory with size 6 named "Spectate players" to the player
        loop all players in event-world:
            if {spc::%loop-player%} is not set:
                format gui slot {_slot} of player with loop-player's skull named "%loop-player%" to run player command "/teleport %loop-player%"
                add 1 to {_slot}
This is supposed to create a list of players in the current world of the event-executor and make heads which teleport to the corresponding users. But the problem is that nothing after player's tool is a compass named "<yellow>Spectate players": seems to work, I tested with a hello world message and no, don't work, I also see if the name is correctly written and it's correct, maybe lore can have something to do with this, anyway I need help!!!

I think its a problem with the compass.
Are you using essentials? Does it give a message like "Nothing to pass through"?
Have you tried using a different tool just for testing?
I tested with a stick and the gui opens up.

code_language.skript:
on rightclick:
    player's tool is a compass named "<yellow>Spectate players":
        cancel event
        set {_slot} to 0
        open virtual chest inventory with size 6 named "Spectate players" to the player
        loop all players in event-world:
            if {spc::%loop-player%} is not set:
                format gui slot {_slot} of player with loop-player's skull named "%loop-player%" to run player command "/teleport %loop-player%"
                add 1 to {_slot}
This is supposed to create a list of players in the current world of the event-executor and make heads which teleport to the corresponding users. But the problem is that nothing after player's tool is a compass named "<yellow>Spectate players": seems to work, I tested with a hello world message and no, don't work, I also see if the name is correctly written and it's correct, maybe lore can have something to do with this, anyway I need help!!!
No offense, but it seems that you generally have issues quite often with skript, so i would recommend joining the SkUnity discord for quicker help here https://discord.gg/wnJfyxA

@ShaneBee Yup, I tested with a book and don't works, yes I have worldedit and the compass says that, but I don't have essentials.
@Efnilite Yes, I have issues often with skript, and I'm on the discord of SkUnity, but I didn't ask anything yet there.

You should ask there first before coming here, because there are a lot of better skripters there then there are here
Maybe he doesn't want to :emoji_wink:
I personally like using the forums, as the discord is a huge mess. I quite often check it, and offer help when I know the solution, or can at least attempt to find a solution.

You should ask there first before coming here, because there are a lot of better skripters there then there are here
Probably is better there, but I'm a little more comfortable here than there, any discord server that is not mine or a near friend's one is for me a little unconfortable. So, I'm a little scared. Maybe if you know how to make the code I post there show as a code like in darker gray for highlighting. I don't know how to do that...
upload_2018-8-16_12-2-29.png

Like that /\

Probably is better there, but I'm a little more comfortable here than there, any discord server that is not mine or a near friend's one is for me a little unconfortable. So, I'm a little scared. Maybe if you know how to make the code I post there show as a code like in darker gray for highlighting. I don't know how to do that...
View attachment 2607
Like that /\
you put 3 backpacks before your code, and 3 after
like this:
```
on event:
do something
```

edit:
you can also add "vb" after your first 3 back ticks, gives it a nice little color:
```vb
on event:
do something
```

Status
Not open for further replies.