Solved Tuske GUI don't working

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using:

code_language.skript:
command /somecommand:
  trigger:
    open chest with 1 rows named "Name" to executor
    format slot 0 of executor with stone named "Name" with lore "Lore if you want" to be unstealable
    stop

code_language.skript:
open virtual chest inventory with size 5 named "Title" to player

1. I am not a spoonfeeder, and I'm not giving away the code like that. If I do that, he'll just copy it and learn absolutely nothing from it. He could say "I'll look at the code, promised", but I'm not going to take everybody"s word for it. Not only that, but his code for formatting slots is good yet it spits out errors, it's not going to be fixed by giving away code.
  2. I already asked him to paste his console logs, but he hasn't answered yet, it's not like I've done nothing.
  3. I am not calm about format slot. I honestly think it is trash, especially compared to TuSKe. It's like recommending Windows 95 to someone on Windows 7.
  4. "rage frenchs" wtf ?

1. I am not a spoonfeeder, and I'm not giving away the code like that. If I do that, he'll just copy it and learn absolutely nothing from it. He could say "I'll look at the code, promised", but I'm not going to take everybody"s word for it. Not only that, but his code for formatting slots is good yet it spits out errors, it's not going to be fixed by giving away code.
  2. I already asked him to paste his console logs, but he hasn't answered yet, it's not like I've done nothing.
  3. I am not calm about format slot. I honestly think it is trash, especially compared to TuSKe. It's like recommending Windows 95 to someone on Windows 7.
  4. "rage frenchs" wtf ?
1. These aren't your problems, if he wants he'll look at the code, else if he doesn't.. he won't look, you are not their teacher..
2. So, since you are not a spoonfeeder (lol), you'll help him without saying how to fix his code? You'll start TuSKe class for a teacher careeer? Magic..
3. You should calm down, it may be trash, but if it works I can't see where is the problem.
4. French guy, continue considering yourself "god descended on earth", I only was helping him out, and you randomly wrote against me and my methods lol.

P.s. I know there are many methods to create a GUI, mine (wrote up) is the basic one, since he hasn't answered yet.
P.s.s This should be a Forum to help people, not a Forum where everybody is free to bother someone else.

Let's go to PM/discord for this, we shouldn't have this discussion clutter a help thread.

His code (except the part I corrected) is fine yet it throws errors, which usually happens when something fucks up very badly on the Java side. And when something fucks up on the java side, it throws an error in the console. I can't give code because his code is fine, and I told him to correct the only thing that was wrong.

Then, know that I'm not a single guy who acts like "a teacher" and "god descended on Earth", I'm just a 14-year-old and quite an old member (maybe not that old, my perception of time is trash) who advocates for better practices to be used. skQuery doesn't work properly and you can even steal items if quick enough, but I digress. And I'm not the only one like that. Go on discord and suggest using format slot over TuSKe and you're gonna get severe backlash.

I can also see that either you clearly haven't been here for very long to support spoonfeeding, or you've never tried to help people a lot. If I spoonfed (which I can't even do in this context), he would learn nothing (I know for a fact that people will always go for the laziest solution, I'm very lazy myself) and come back over and over and over and over. Which, as a helper is really annoying. It just feels like you're facing a person who can't eat by themself, not because they're a baby, but rather because they're too lazy.

I'm not saying this lazy logic applies to all people, I can understand that beginners don't have enough fundamentals to understand the how-to, but here the person clearly has good enough fundamentals to be able not to be spoonfed.

Now, let's just wait for his answer and go to PM/Discord in the meantime.

I didn't understand if he wanted to continue using TuSKe or try using another addon because he didn't add many informations, so I just wrote a basic simple one for him, I know TuSKe is more better than format method.
I digress. And I'm not the only one like that. Go on discord and suggest using format slot over TuSKe and you're gonna get severe backlash.

I'm not comparing format method and TuSKe..
I honestly think it is trash, especially compared to TuSKe. It's like recommending Windows 95 to someone on Windows 7.

You should stop considering all "trash", or "for a fact it sucks" lol...
(maybe not that old, my perception of time is trash)
I know for a fact it sucks
I honestly think it is trash

I didn't understand if he wanted to continue using TuSKe or try using another addon because he didn't add many informations, so I just wrote a basic simple one for him, I know TuSKe is more better than format method.

I'm not comparing format method and TuSKe..

You should stop considering all "trash", or "for a fact it sucks" lol...
To be fair, it's like teaching someone an old, outdated method rather than a method that is more efficient and clean. While the one you provided is still ok-ish, it can lead to future problems if he still uses SkQuery's GUI. And also, TuSKe GUI provides more advanced ways of using the GUI, which is why you should use that in the future.

To be fair, it's like teaching someone an old, outdated method rather than a method that is more efficient and clean. While the one you provided is still ok-ish, it can lead to future problems if he still uses SkQuery's GUI. And also, TuSKe GUI provides more advanced ways of using the GUI, which is why you should use that in the future.
but tuske don't works

Status
Not open for further replies.