A step into the web-future of Skript(?)!

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Hi,

first off, I want to say that this thread is off-topic (that means, that I'm not sure whether this is the correct/wrong category).
And the second thing, I want to tell YOU is, that I didn't even speaked with the devs of Skript, nor I speaked with somebody else about this.

So, you're wondering why the hell does he wrote "web-future" and "Skript" in one sentence, and much more important, in the title?!

The reason; I'm currently working as front-end developer (ofc in Germany) and creating in my free-time some nice websites.

Currently I'm making a webinterface/web-panel for the CloudNet-Resource and planned, after I finished it, making something for Skript.

You're sure thinking, why the hell should I use a f**king webinterface/web-panel for my f**king Skript Server, right?
Because:

• You'll be able to manage easy your server(s) from your device (smartphone/laptop/tablet/computer/mac/etc)!
  • You can easy get a notice, whether a new Skript version is released.
  • You'll be able to download from the webinterface/web-panel the newest addons!
  • There will be also a live-chat, so if you got any problems, you can chat with other users, if they are also currently using the webinterface, then they will get a notification (also if they disabled it, they will don't get a notification)
  • Some statistics of your server (like RAM and CPU)
  • Of course, how many scripts you are currently using :emoji_grinning:
  • And some of your ideas, if you got good ideas!
  • user-login/registration system will also exists, and a rank-system for addon developers, skunity staff etc
  • And yes, for this people, who don't know how a webinterface/web-panel works, everybody gets his own webinterfaace!

And the last thing, if you also want to help me, just send me a PM!
Currently I planned to start this project on 20th February 2018 (I also could start very earlier - only if peoples wanting this webinterface!) .

Last edited:
I hate to say this but...

1. This has been done before. It was shit and nobody used it.
2. Don't need a website to download shit and / or need to know when a new version of skript is available as skript itself tells you when logging into your server and skunity.com provides the latest version already.
3. Livechat? Where you going to find employees to run this live chat? 99% of skript users are 10 year old autistic kids.
4. Sounds like you're just recreating what @BaeFell and @eyesniper2 tried to do with this skripthub and docs 2 for 2 years.

All in all. This is a waste of time and will not be used by anyone, not even trying to be mean, true facts.

Also @BaeFell pls no remove this comment, although harsh, very true.

ALSO PEASE NOTE. I'm in no way saying you're shit at developing websites or ting, just telling you that your idea shall not work.

I hate to say this but...

1. This has been done before. It was shit and nobody used it.
2. Don't need a website to download shit and / or need to know when a new version of skript is available as skript itself tells you when logging into your server and skunity.com provides the latest version already.
3. Livechat? Where you going to find employees to run this live chat? 99% of skript users are 10 year old autistic kids.
4. Sounds like you're just recreating what @BaeFell and @eyesniper2 tried to do with this skripthub and docs 2 for 2 years.

All in all. This is a waste of time and will not be used by anyone, not even trying to be mean, true facts.

Also @BaeFell pls no remove this comment, although harsh, very true.

ALSO PEASE NOTE. I'm in no way saying you're shit at developing websites or ting, just telling you that your idea shall not work.
Mkayyy... Gonna have to see whether some other users here also sharing the same meaning about this...

did someone say skriptrepo?

no? oh ok...
I would code "my version" of the webinterface for Skript with HTML, CSS and JS (maybe php if needed), so the user don't have to install any plugins...
btw I want to make it without any dependencies..
[doublepost=1509444267,1509438190][/doublepost]
This has been done before. It was shit and nobody used it.
I've never saw it - and I didn't even told that my will be also shitty :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Don't need a website to download shit and / or need to know when a new version of skript is available as skript itself tells you when logging into your server and skunity.com provides the latest version already.
The webinterface helps you to upload/download/delete in general plugins or even worlds (also files can be edited) and you can also use it on your smartphone/tablet/whatever....

Livechat? Where you going to find employees to run this live chat? 99% of skript users are 10 year old autistic kids.
Livechat was only an idea - if it won't work, then it won't work, obiviously...

Sounds like you're just recreating what @BaeFell and @eyesniper2 tried to do with this skripthub and docs 2 for 2 years.
Than it sounds like this.

All in all
Yes, all in all...?

This is a waste of time and will not be used by anyone, not even trying to be mean, true facts.
True facts? Are you speaking for the whole Skript-Community? Terrible...

So, for every "fact" you've had wrote, I wrote something back.
kthxbai

I would code "my version" of the webinterface for Skript with HTML, CSS and JS (maybe php if needed), so the user don't have to install any plugins...
I've never saw it - and I didn't even told that my will be also shitty :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

The webinterface helps you to upload/download/delete in general plugins or even worlds (also files can be edited) and you can also use it on your smartphone/tablet/whatever....

Yes, all in all...?

kthxbai

Think i got cancer reading this, goodluck with your UI website my friend.

I'll make sure to pop by in never when you lose motivation cause nobody wants to see this.

Yes, all in all...?

kthxbai
UI interface to manage RAM and download plugins? DONE BEFORE: www.multicraft.org

And?
My version of the webinterface would be a custom one, only made for Skript (that means, to display stuff from Skript too, and not just stuff for Skript).
It will have an editor, to edit obiviously, .sk files, deleting/downloading PLUGINS (not just Skript plugins, ofc others too)
Also BungeeCord support, see how many players are currently online (live counter), live console(s), easy-to-use & free.

And that was just some ideas from my head... If the community (or only some users) wanting a specific feature, I will look whether it's possible, and try to make it real.

EDIT:
Also, if somebody did it before me, than somebody did it before me. I don't care, I want to make it, it's my time and it will be free for everyone!

Are you again speaking for the whole Skript-Community? Not cool dude...
You realise i'm the voice of the people right?
[doublepost=1509550148,1509550024][/doublepost]
And?
My version of the webinterface would be a custom one, only made for Skript (that means, to display stuff from Skript too, and not just stuff for Skript).
It will have an editor, to edit obiviously, .sk files, deleting/downloading PLUGINS (not just Skript plugins, ofc others too)
Also BungeeCord support, see how many players are currently online (live counter), live console(s), easy-to-use & free.

And that was just some ideas from my head... If the community (or only some users) wanting a specific feature, I will look whether it's possible, and try to make it real.

EDIT:
Also, if somebody did it before me, than somebody did it before me. I don't care, I want to make it, it's my time and it will be free for everyone!
So you want to make a website that you can edit sk files ( TEXT FILES )? with a live counter? a console? You do realise unless the website is hosted on the same server as the actual server then getting a dynamic console to update is not an easy task?

Also yes it is your time, so enjoy wasting it :emoji_wink:

You realise i'm the voice of the people right?
Err..... No.

So you want to make a website that you can edit sk files ( TEXT FILES )?
Of course you will be able to edit .yml, .sk and every other text file (for configurations), why the hell you are asking? Shouldn't I add this feature?...

with a live counter? a console? You do realise unless the website is hosted on the same server as the actual server then getting a dynamic console to update is not an easy task?
I know that this will not be easy, luckily I didn't even say when I'm gonna releasing the webinterface nor whether I'm gonna do it.

Also yes it is your time, so enjoy wasting it
It's time wasting that I've to answer everything you're posting...

I got an idea;
Until 31th November 2017, I will think about to create it or not - so, just rate this post with a like/agree emoji if you want the webinterface - else, rate this post with a informative emoji.

kthxbaiiiiiiii
The funny emoji when you rate a post is such bad manners.. legit just mocks someone i VOTE FOR THIS TO BE REMOVED.

The funny emoji when you rate a post is such bad manners.. legit just mocks someone i VOTE FOR THIS TO BE REMOVED.
You really can't be serious, right?
Why just you can't do it, how I wrote it in my last post? strange
btw you don't have to write it in caps, if I would write important things in caps... most of my posts would be just in caps wrote... you can also write it bold, italic or just underline it instead of using caps...

Simply put. Why the fuck are you crying?
[doublepost=1509990858,1509990809][/doublepost]
I hope that the staff will do something... anyways, thanks for the links, so you/we (?) got proofs! :emoji_slight_smile:
You realise little nfell and i go way back, blood brothers? Ties run deep? My mans been banned and back again, i'm reformed player so back the fuck off.