Solved Hello, all, I've got a Skript Issue, and help would be much obliged.

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed

Aug 2, 2017
So, basically, I'm converting most of my plugins to Skript, and, while converting my MOTD plugin, I found out that the MOTD looked different on different computers, and that was because I was using spaces only. So, I'm switching it to %nl%, instead, but, for some reason, it shows up as a character, in the MOTD.

The Code Goes As Follows:

code_language.skript:
&7                         &a&lTest&b&lCraft&r%nl%                  &6&lNEWS: &c&lAlpha &bReleased!

This Is What It Shows In Game:

D1aN29s.png

Is there any way to remove that?

Otherwise, it looks like this on one PC:

ZD7sDx1.png

And, like this, on another:

BGZfh39.png

With this code:

code_language.skript:
&7                         &a&lTest&b&lCraft&r                  &6&lNEWS: &c&lAlpha &bReleased!

Anyways, thanks!

Try using the following instead of the new line expression (needs skUtilties):
code_language.skript:
system property line separator
you can put it in a variable just to make it shorter to write:
code_language.skript:
set {_nl} to system property line separator

Try using the following instead of the new line expression (needs skUtilties):
code_language.skript:
system property line separator
you can put it in a variable just to make it shorter to write:
code_language.skript:
set {_nl} to system property line separator
Got the same error:
d1XhBzU.png

code_language.skript:
7                         &a&lTest&b&lCraft&r \n                  &6&lNEWS: &c&lAlpha &bReleased!

mEBrpgv.png

Still doesn't work for me, am I doing it wrong, or?..

code_language.skript:
7                         &a&lTest&b&lCraft&r \n                  &6&lNEWS: &c&lAlpha &bReleased!

mEBrpgv.png

Still doesn't work for me, am I doing it wrong, or?..
Hmm strange. Skript changes it then. Are you using a yaml system or something to use the new line? or options or something. Try setting it to a variable

code_language.skript:
set {motd} to "this testing%nl%hmm"

on server ping:
    set motd to {motd}

Hmm strange. Skript changes it then. Are you using a yaml system or something to use the new line? or options or something. Try setting it to a variable

code_language.skript:

on server ping:
    set motd to {motd}
What about using new line in messages? (I'm using your SkQuery Fork for 1.12.1)

What about using new line in messages? (I'm using your SkQuery Fork for 1.12.1)
I use nl all the time in more, and I get this sometimes, usally it's because there is a tab in the string or something, but it always fixed itself after tweaking it a little. Idk the exact reason why it happens yet. It must be something with the server or your editor that does this.

code_language.skript:

on server ping:
    set motd to {motd}

Although the new line functionality, itself, works, it still shows the same symbol.

6qje5uc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.