Solved Requesting skript "packager"

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

KroterPvP

Apr 10, 2017
Hi, I'm searching and learning how to package or obfuscate a skript. I know about WildSkript, but it's easy to deobfuscate. I was thinking about any addon wich reads the code automaticly throught google, so the skript code won't beve visible for humans.

You must upload your skript code to hastebin (or any site where the code is private, only readable by the addon).

Then, using a syntax to read from the link, so the first time it runs you must have internet connection, and then it will save the code to memory or to a unreadable file.
code_language.skript:
load from "https://example-link.com"
When the skript with this line of code loads the full skript located to the link will be ready

It will also allow you to download from link to a location using:
code_language.skript:
download from "https://examplelink.com" to "plugins/skript/scripts"

And to prevent curious users from seeing your code, you will need to write this to the code uploaded to the link.
code_language.skript:
enable/disable downloading/loading from file/link
It will make the download syntax proces to stop.

Can somebody code this?

Impossible. Skript scripts (even in memory) can always be reverse-engineered into the original code (or something very similar). Trying to "obfuscate" a script only worsens the experience for your users by making your script reliant on a third-party service and opening up security vulnerabilities.

If anyone tries this, I will break your "obfuscation" technique, and I'm sure other developers will do the same.

If anyone tries this, I will break your "obfuscation" technique, and I'm sure other developers will do the same.
Same here, if you find a way to obfuscate your script I'll find a way to reverse it. I'm so against the obfuscation of scripts, it's just so pointless and doesn't have any benefits.

I completely agree with btk5h and snow-pyon.

its skript... no ones going to a want to steal it and even if someone did, as long as they have half a brain and a little determination, the best obfuscation wont stop them.

Chances are you're not making anything ground breaking that hasn't been done before in a real java plugin (which usually don't obfuscate their code unless its some really unique paid plugin).

I'm going to release a premium skript and I know that leaks are very usefull for users who don't wanna pay.

What should I do? Post it, and update it a lot to obligate the users to buy it?

I'm going to release a premium skript and I know that leaks are very usefull for users who don't wanna pay.

What should I do? Post it, and update it a lot to obligate the users to buy it?
First of all, you shouldn't make a premium script. Secondly, live with it, there are some users that will pay for it and some that don't.

Why shouldn't I make and publish a premium skript?
There are premium skripts in spigot, so mine will be there as well.

I know that. So it's impossible to completly hide the skript code?

Why shouldn't I make and publish a premium skript?
There are premium skripts in spigot, so mine will be there as well.

I know that. So it's impossible to completly hide the skript code?
Because it's utterly pointless, Skript wasn't made to make money for you and the fact that your script is very badly coded (I've checked the lite version) makes me think you just want sell your script to make fast money with something that's not even worth of that money. If you're gonna sell something at least sell something that's worth of that. And for me, there is no script that's worth to be sold.

Now, answering your question, no, there is no way and I hope there will not be.

Because it's utterly pointless, Skript wasn't made to make money for you and the fact that your script is very badly coded (I've checked the lite version) makes me think you just want sell your script to make fast money with something that's not even worth of that money. If you're gonna sell something at least sell something that's worth of that. And for me, there is no script that's worth to be sold.

Now, answering your question, no, there is no way and I hope there will not be.
Thanks for your answer, but dude, you don't know how the premium version is couse is not released. I can ensure you that it's much better than the lite one. It has all the known bugs fixed & a lot of more options.

Why is SuperBans lite very badly coded?

Who told you that skript was not made to make money? Yes, you can make money from it. There are skript resources in spigot wich are sold for 10€ and they have more than 400 downloads and a lot of positive reviews. Do why do you think skripts aren't selleable?

Thanks for your answer, but dude, you don't know how the premium version is couse is not released. I can ensure you that it's much better than the lite one. It has all the known bugs fixed & a lot of more options.

Why is SuperBans lite very badly coded?

Who told you that skript was not made to make money? Yes, you can make money from it. There are skript resources in spigot wich are sold for 10€ and they have more than 400 downloads and a lot of positive reviews. Do why do you think skripts aren't selleable?
I don't necessarily think that all scripts aren't sellable but why on earth would anyone buy a ban skript when there are many many free ban plugins out there?

I don't necessarily think that all scripts aren't sellable but why on earth would anyone buy a ban skript when there are many many free ban plugins out there?
Couse mine has extra features, which other plugins like AdvancedBan or LiteBans doesn't.

Couse mine has extra features, which other plugins like AdvancedBan or LiteBans doesn't.

People will still not buy yours , you just got downloads because is a free resource , not because ppl really like your damn product to pay for it.
it's just a manager script , a tons of plugins are already on spigot.
Maybe spigot resource staff will not accept your resource too.

People will still not buy yours , you just got downloads because is a free resource , not because ppl really like your damn product to pay for it.
it's just a manager script , a tons of plugins are already on spigot.
Maybe spigot resource staff will not accept your resource too.
People has liked my resource, for that reason they reviewed it. Seen with the reviews, it has liked so much, and I have some PM's of people who want to buy it.

People has liked my resource, for that reason they reviewed it. Seen with the reviews, it has liked so much, and I have some PM's of people who want to buy it.

Have fun with it so.
I will never sell a 53.7kb script , coded not really well and with things like:
code_language.skript:
                set slot 5 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
                set slot 6 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
                set slot 7 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
                set slot 8 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT

Have fun with it so.
I will never sell a 53.7kb script , coded not really well and with things like:
code_language.skript:
                set slot 5 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
                set slot 6 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
                set slot 7 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
                set slot 8 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7" with all removed NBT
The premium version has 200 KB, you are always talking about the free version, wich obiusly is lighter than the premium one.

It's not bad coded, it's the free version.

The premium version has 200 KB, you are always talking about the free version, wich obiusly is lighter than the premium one.

It's not bad coded, it's the free version.
So wait:
free version: shit coded
premium version: well coded?
I prefer the premium version to be beter coded, so players will receive a better skript, they pay to receive the best support and code too.
I will recode the free version too, as it has bugs, and to give a better impression to customers.

I prefer the premium version to be beter coded, so players will receive a better skript, they pay to receive the best support and code too.
I will recode the free version too, as it has bugs, and to give a better impression to customers.

That's want i wanted to hear.
The only difference between the two versions , are just the features on it , not the type of code.
Wish you the best luck with the project.