Solved Requesting skript "packager"

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Who told you that skript was not made to make money? Yes, you can make money from it. There are skript resources in spigot wich are sold for 10€ and they have more than 400 downloads and a lot of positive reviews. Do why do you think skripts aren't selleable?
Don't put words on my mouth, I didn't say Skript aren't sellable, you can sell pretty much everything on this world, I said that I don't think any script is worth to be sold, as much features it has or goodly coded it is.

Skript was made to make the server customization easier for the server owners that cannot take the time to learn Java or can't hire someone to do it. Not to make fast money to you or any of these people who sell scripts.

It just makes me feel bad seeing where the Skript community is going.

I don't understand why people want to make profit from a script that everyone can make. I can make a decent ban script in just 1-2 days. It's not very difficult. If you want to sell your product on Spigot or whatever, do it in Java.

I just feel like people who make simple premium scripts are there to just make quick cash. Why should I purchase a simple premium script if I can either, get a free java version on spigot or create my own in less than a week?

gif.gif

But seriously, you talk about your script being amazingly coded. How do you expect us to believe you when you have no portfolio or proof to show us that you are even capable of such levels? Even if you successfully prevented access and sold it at a premium, you would get less than five downloads. This is because no one knows what you can do. Show us some skill and maybe we'll want more. Premium scripts are stupid, there isn't a mechanism or 'smart way' of doing something worth paying for in Skript. The point of Skript is to learn about coding and have the ability to make something easily and quickly without having to learn Java. Skript is in English so it is better for beginners. This means that if you have useful knowledge, you share it. If you want to make a profit, learn a professional language.

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously, you talk about your script being amazingly coded. How do you expect us to believe you when you have no portfolio or proof to show us that you are even capable of such levels? Even if you successfully prevented access and sold it at a premium, you would get less than five downloads. This is because no one knows what you can do. Show us some skill and maybe we'll want more. Premium scripts are stupid, there isn't a mechanism or 'smart way' of doing something worth paying for. The point of Skript is to learn about coding and have the ability to make something easily and quickly without having to learn Java. Skript is in English so it is better for beginners. This means that if you have useful knowledge, you share it. If you want to make a profit, learn a professional language.
Hats off to you my friend.

But seriously, you talk about your script being amazingly coded. How do you expect us to believe you when you have no portfolio or proof to show us that you are even capable of such levels? Even if you successfully prevented access and sold it at a premium, you would get less than five downloads. This is because no one knows what you can do. Show us some skill and maybe we'll want more. Premium scripts are stupid, there isn't a mechanism or 'smart way' of doing something worth paying for. The point of Skript is to learn about coding and have the ability to make something easily and quickly without having to learn Java. Skript is in English so it is better for beginners. This means that if you have useful knowledge, you share it. If you want to make a profit, learn a professional language.
:emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap: :emoji_100: