Requesting skript "packager"

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

KroterPvP

Apr 10, 2017
Hi, I'm searching and learning how to package or obfuscate a skript. I know about WildSkript, but it's easy to deobfuscate. I was thinking about any addon wich reads the code automaticly throught google, so the skript code won't beve visible for humans.

You must upload your skript code to hastebin (or any site where the code is private, only readable by the addon).

Then, using a syntax to read from the link, so the first time it runs you must have internet connection, and then it will save the code to memory or to a unreadable file.
code_language.skript:
load from "https://example-link.com"
When the skript with this line of code loads the full skript located to the link will be ready

It will also allow you to download from link to a location using:
code_language.skript:
download from "https://examplelink.com" to "plugins/skript/scripts"

And to prevent curious users from seeing your code, you will need to write this to the code uploaded to the link.
code_language.skript:
enable/disable downloading/loading from file/link
It will make the download syntax proces to stop.

Can somebody code this?

Last edited:
Whilst it would have its advantages, skript was designed so that scripts could be easily tweaked by server owners to their specific demands. As well as that, what you are suggesting just isn't plausible. There is no way to differentiate between an addon looking at the code and a normal user that can't be spoofed, even if there was people could modify the addon to save the script to a readable file

"Technically", it is possible to obfuscate. There is method in Skript (not documented for addon usage) that allow you to parse a code, without needing to store it source. But the hard thing is where would that plugin get the contents from where no one else could get?

Also, most devs think that scripts was intended to be free and easy to edit, that's why it is in plain english. Even for java, there isn't any good obfuscate method, since people would break it anyway.

That's why no once would do it and probably never will.

"Technically", it is possible to obfuscate. There is method in Skript (not documented for addon usage) that allow you to parse a code, without needing to store it source. But the hard thing is where would that plugin get the contents from where no one else could get?

Also, most devs think that scripts was intended to be free and easy to edit, that's why it is in plain english. Even for java, there isn't any good obfuscate method, since people would break it anyway.

That's why no once would do it and probably never will.
Okey, tanks.

I finally released it as a free resource