Comments

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyCabot

Jun 29, 2017
Well a pretty simple question that I can't find an answer to. So I know you can comment with # but is there a way to do multi line comments like how in java you can do the /* and */

Just do this -

#Whatever You Want
#What ever you want.

If that's what you're asking.

He talking about not having to put # every line, instead like this # Hey line 1
Line 2 # and both these two lines would be comments.

Anyways back to the topic, I never seen such thing in skript, and I don't think it's possible, maybe you can suggest it to bensu and he might add it.

Reactions: CrispyCabot
Don't think this is a feature, but what's the point anyways? Doing # is not that difficult to do in each line.
The feature of multi line commenting was specifically implemented for the ability to comment out large sections of code without going through each line adding a # before.

I think this is honestly the least of the developers concerns to be honest, not to be rude but stop acting lazy and take a second to do SHIFT + 3..........

I think this is honestly the least of the developers concerns to be honest, not to be rude but stop acting lazy and take a second to do SHIFT + 3..........
Are you serious?! If someone needs to comment out 100 or more lines of code then they are not going to go through EVER LINE and add a hashtag. Please stop being so ignorant...

Are you serious?! If someone needs to comment out 100 or more lines of code then they are not going to go through EVER LINE and add a hashtag. Please stop being so ignorant...

Why the hell would someone need to comment out 100+ lines in skript... it wasn't made for writing books.

I don't iT Will be added Maby To make iT easyer if you use notepad ++ you can select THE whole part right click And do toggle single line comment or something in that direction :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Well a pretty simple question that I can't find an answer to. So I know you can comment with # but is there a way to do multi line comments like how in java you can do the /* and */

Unfortunately there is no multi-line commenting aliases in Skript, like /* ... */ in Java and C++; however, there are some useful tools you can use to simulate such a feature.

I don't iT Will be added Maby To make iT easyer if you use notepad ++ you can select THE whole part right click And do toggle single line comment or something in that direction :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

This already exist; in Notepad++, navigate to the language sub-menu, and define your own language for Skript. Then, in the commenting section, use # as the open style.

Now, when you apply the language to the file, you can select a selection you wish to comment, and then do CTR+Q. That will automatically start each line of the selection with #.

In addition, if you want neater comments, you can press ALT, then start a selection with your mouse; this will allow you to dynamically select an area (both horizontally, and vertically). I use this to vertically select the exact start of the lines that I want to comment out, then, I just place a #. It will place it on all lines of the selection.

Reactions: Snow-Pyon
Status
Not open for further replies.