{bans::*} loses it's values when server stops or crashes

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KroterPvP

Apr 10, 2017
Hello, I'm having an issue with loop values.
When a player is banned, is added to the variable {bans::*}. I've done a GUI where all the bans are displayed. If I stop the server, and start it again, or the server suffers a crash, the variable {bans::*} loses all the values. If it didn't contain any value, the variable is still empty when I start the server again, but if it contained a value or more than one, the values are erased and they apear like "null" and "<none>" in the GUI and in the chat if I send the variable to a player.

I have created another skript which adds "1, 2, 3 and 4" to "{hello::*}". I stop the server and start it again, and the variable is saved. Why is saved here and not in my other part of code? I checked it all, and I found nothing :emoji_frowning:

It's only a part of code. When a player bans another player, it adds the player to {bans::*}.
code_language.skript:
command /bans [<integer=1>]:
    trigger:
        sender is console:
            send "&8[&cBANS&8] &7This command is only available for players"
        else:
            set {sizeofbans::*} to size of {bans::*}
            set {_page::max} to arg 1 * 45
            set {_page::min} to (arg 1 - 1) * 45
            set {_page::posts} to 0
            set {_page::count} to 0
            set {_page::number} to arg 1
            set {_pages} to size of {bans::*} / 45
            set {_pages} to "%{_pages}%"
            set {_pages::*} to {_pages} split at "."
            set {_page::total} to {_pages::1}
            if {_pages::2} is set:
                set {_page::total} to {_page::total} parsed as an integer
                add 1 to {_page::total}
            if inventory name of player's current inventory does not contain "&0List of banned players":
                open chest with 6 rows named "&0List of banned players %{_page::number}%/%{_page::total}%" to player
            else:
                loop 54 times:
                    set slot (loop-number - 1) of player's current inventory to air
                set inventory name of player's current inventory to "&0List of banned players %{_page::number}%/%{_page::total}%"
            if {_page::number} is less than 2:
                set slot 45 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 46 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 47 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 48 of player's current inventory to book and quill named "&eBasic information" with lore "||&7Banned users &8» &c%{sizeofbans::*}%||||&7You are viewing page &c%{_page::number}% &7out of &c%{_page::total}%"
                set slot 49 of player's current inventory to anvil named "&eSearch players" with lore "||&7Click here to &csearch &7banned players.||&7You will need to type it's name in chat."
                set slot 50 of player's current inventory to barrier named "&eClose GUI"
                set slot 51 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 52 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 53 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
            else:
                set slot 45 of player's current inventory to arrow named "&ePrevious Page"
                set slot 46 of player's current inventory to book named "&eMain Page"
                set slot 47 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 48 of player's current inventory to book and quill named "&eBasic information" with lore "||&7Banned users &8» &c%{sizeofbans::*}%||||&7You are viewing page &c%{_page::number}% &7out of &c%{_page::total}%"
                set slot 49 of player's current inventory to anvil named "&eSearch players" with lore "||&7Click here to &csearch &7banned players.||&7You will need to type it's name in chat."
                set slot 50 of player's current inventory to barrier named "&eClose GUI"
                set slot 51 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 52 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 53 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
            loop {bans::*}:
                if {_page::posts} is less than {_page::max}:
                    if {_page::count} is greater than or equal to {_page::min}:
                        set slot {_page::posts} of player's current inventory to loop-value's skull named "&7Player &8» &c%loop-value%" with lore "||&7Ban ID &8» &7(&c##%loop-index%&7)||||&7Is Banned &8» &c%{sban.banned.%loop-value%}%||&7Banned by &8» &c%{sban.bannedby.%loop-value%}%||&7Banned on &8» &c%{sban.time.%loop-value%}%||"
                        add 1 to {_page::posts}
                add 1 to {_page::count}
            if {_page::number} is less than {_page::total}:
                set slot 53 of player's current inventory to arrow named "&eNext Page"
            if {_page::count} is 0:
                open chest with 1 row named "&0There are %{_page::count}% banned players" to player
                set slot 0 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 1 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 2 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 3 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 4 of player's current inventory to book named "&eThere aren't banned players" with lore "||&7Banned players will apear in this||&7gui. You will be able to manage||&7SuperBan's commands from here!"
                set slot 5 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 6 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 7 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
                set slot 8 of player's current inventory to black stained glass pane named "&7"
on inventory click:
    if inventory name of player's current inventory contains "&0There are":
        cancel event
    if inventory name of player's current inventory contains "&0List of banned players":
        cancel event
        set {_page} to "%inventory name of player's current inventory%"
        replace all "&0List of banned players " in {_page} with ""
        set {_pages::*} to {_page} split at "/"
        if clicked slot is less than 45:
            if clicked item is player head:
                if name of item contains "&7Player":
                    set {_playername} to "%clicked item's name%"
                    replace all "&7Player &8» &c" in {_playername} with ""
                    execute player command "/unban %{_playername}%"
                    execute player command "/bans %{_pages::1} parsed as an integer%"
        if clicked slot is 45:
            if clicked item's name is "&ePrevious Page":
                if {_pages::1} parsed as an integer is greater than 1:
                    execute player command "/bans %{_pages::1} parsed as an integer - 1%"
                else:
                    close player's inventory
                    send "You are already on the first page."
        if clicked slot is 46:
            execute player command "/bans"
        if clicked slot is 50:
            close player's inventory
        if clicked slot is 49:
            if clicked item's name is "&eSearch players":
                close player's inventory
                set {bans.chat::%player%} to true
                send "&8[&c&lBANS&8] &7You must write the player's name in chat. Type &ccancel &7to annullate the search."
        if clicked slot is 53:
            if clicked item's name is "&eNext Page":
                execute player command "/bans %{_pages::1} parsed as an integer + 1%"
on chat:
    if {bans.chat::%player%} is true:
        cancel event
        set {_search} to "%message%" parsed as offline player
        if {_search} is "cancel":
            delete {bans.chat::%player%}
            send "&8[&c&lBANS&8] &7You have succesfully annullated the search."
        else:
            if {sban.banned.%{_search}%} is not set:
                send "&8[&c&lBANS&8] &a%{_search}% &7is not banned."
            else:
                if {sban.banned.%{_search}%} is true:
                    send "&8[&c&lBANS&8] &a%{_search}% &7is banned."
                    send "&9Obrir GUI per desbanejar a &a%{_search}%&9."
                else:
                    send "&8[&c&lBANS&8] &a%{_search}% &7is not banned."

Thanks,
@KroterPvP

Last edited:
Simple fix, if you put an underscore in front of the variable it's a local variable which gets deleted so just get rid of the underscore: {bans::*}

Simple fix, if you put an underscore in front of the variable it's a local variable which gets deleted so just get rid of the underscore: {bans::*}
Oh, that was a silly mistake!
Thanks!

EDIT: It still doesn't run. I've edited the thread description. Please, help me!
[doublepost=1498669775,1498648687][/doublepost]Anybody can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.