Simba's Snippets ♥

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Mr_Simba

King of the Pridelands
Supporter
Dec 9, 2016
Hi

I wouldn't expect much here (mostly because I'll forget to update it), but I have a few useful snippets on my server that I use for tons of stuff and I figured you guys might find some use with these, especially cause I haven't contributed a ton content-wise since the new forums have been launched.

Name History Command
Requires: skUtilities
Description: A simple command to check the name change history of the given player. Works for both offline and online people, should work regardless of server version and such. Sorry if there's a better way to do this using skUtilities' JSON stuff, but it was my first time utilizing its URL functionality at all and I'm more comfortable parsing out stuff from strings (and it works the same and just as well regardless).
code_language.skript:
command /whowas <offline player>:
    aliases: namehistory
    trigger:
        set {_uuid} to "%offline player-argument's UUID%"
        replace all "-" in {_uuid} with ""
        set {_results::*} to contents from url "https://api.mojang.com/user/profiles/%{_uuid}%/names"
        replace all """" in {_results::1} with ""
        set {_results::*} to {_results::1} split at "},{"

send "" to the command sender
        send "&6&l%offline player-argument%'s Name History:" to the command sender
        loop {_results::*}:
            # Ensure this value even contains the 'name' tag, otherwise it's just junk left over from the split
            "%loop-value%" contains "name"

# If there's no 'changedToAt' in the looped value, it's the original name, so we don't need to parse out the time change
            if "%loop-value%" doesn't contain "changedToAt":
                set {_val} to loop-value
                replace all "[{name:" and "}]" in {_val} with ""
                send "&8[&7%loop-index%&8] &6%{_val}% &c(Original)" to the command sender

# Otherwise they changed FROM another name TO this one at some point, so we have to parse out the time
            else:
                set {_parsedResult::*} to loop-value split at ",changedToAt:"
                replace all "name:" in {_parsedResult::1} with ""
                replace all "}]" in {_parsedResult::2} with ""

set {_changeTime} to convert unix ("%{_parsedResult::2}%" parsed as number) to date
                send "&8[&7%loop-index%&8] &6%{_parsedResult::1}% &c(%{_changeTime}%)" to the command sender

delete {_changeTime}
            delete {_parsedResult::*}

send "" to the command sender

makeLook Function (force entity to look somewhere)
Requires: SkStuff
Description: Makes the given entity look at the given location (which of course can be another entity or a block or whatever you want). Works as you'd expect. And before you ask, yes, I tried removing the SkStuff dependency by just generating a location with the new yaw and pitch and teleporting the entity to it, but it doesn't work (don't ask me why). Also, if it "doesn't work sometimes", it's more likely that the entity just happened to decide to look somewhere else randomly right as/after the function ran, which is uncontrollable unless you use SkStuff to remove the 'look around randomly' pathfinder goal.
code_language.skript:
function makeLook(e: living entity, loc: location):
    set {_xD} to {_loc}'s x location - {_e}'s x location
    set {_yD} to {_loc}'s y location - {_e}'s y location
    set {_zD} to {_loc}'s z location - {_e}'s z location
    set {_yaw} to atan2({_xD}, {_zD}) - 90

set {_adj2} to ({_xD}*{_xD}) + ({_zD}*{_zD})
    set {_parallel} to sqrt({_adj2})
    set {_pitch} to atan2({_yD}, {_parallel}) - 90

add "{Rotation:[%{_yaw}%f, %{_pitch}%f]}" to NBT of {_e}

setCooldown Function (sets a visual cooldown on an item for a player)

Requires: MundoSK (you NEED the latest beta from GitHub for it to work)
Description: Sends a visual cooldown to the given player for a certain item type. This is displayed as an overlay that covers up all instances of the item type in the player's inventory, which slides downwards over the duration. Note that this does NOT actually do anything on its own or stop the client from using items -- it's just a visual thing that's useful for properly displaying item cooldowns to players. Nice for activated abilities.
code_language.skript:
function setCooldown(p: player, itemType: item, durationInTicks: integer):
    set {_packet} to new play_server_set_cooldown packet
    set "item" pinfo 0 of {_packet} to {_itemType}
    set int pnum 0 of {_packet} to {_durationInTicks}
    send packet {_packet} to {_p}

Will add more as I decide they're appropriate or remember to.

Reactions: EWS and Snow-Pyon
setCooldown Function (sets a visual cooldown on an item for a player)
Requires: MundoSK (you NEED the latest beta from GitHub for it to work)
Description: Sends a visual cooldown to the given player for a certain item type. This is displayed as an overlay that covers up all instances of the item type in the player's inventory, which slides downwards over the duration. Note that this does NOT actually do anything on its own or stop the client from using items -- it's just a visual thing that's useful for properly displaying item cooldowns to players. Nice for activated abilities.
Uh, you beat me, I was going to add this to my snippets someday but been way busy nowadays :emoji_sob:

It's not like I'm going out of my way to not install it, but I'm not gonna install an entire addon for 1 effect when it can be recreated in a handful of lines w/vanilla Skript. Also I needed this effect + wrote it many months ago so I don't know if I was even aware that your addon had it at the time.

It's not like I'm going out of my way to not install it, but I'm not gonna install an entire addon for 1 effect when it can be recreated in a handful of lines w/vanilla Skript. Also I needed this effect + wrote it many months ago so I don't know if I was even aware that your addon had it at the time.
I don't think my addon was released at the time

I don't think so either, I'm not 100% sure. But yeah it wasn't written particularly recently (I don't know exactly when I did it but it's been at least a couple of months).

code_language.skript:
I'm new to functions, can you tive an example on how to implement functions?

code_language.skript:
I'm new to functions, can you tive an example on how to implement functions?
There's a nice tutorial on them in the tutorials section here