Throwing Nether Stars and dealing dmg

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.
code_language.skript:
on rightclick with nether star:
    name of player's tool is "&eShurkien &7(Right Click)":
        make the player shoot an item projectile of 1 nether star at speed 1.2

# UNTEST
On projectile hit:
    if projectile is nether star:
        loop entities in radius .5 around projectile:
            damage loop-entity by 2

code_language.skript:
on rightclick with nether star:
    name of player's tool is "&eShurkien &7(Right Click)":
        make the player shoot an item projectile of 1 nether star at speed 1.2

# UNTEST
On projectile hit:
            damage loop-entity by 2

It doesn't work correctly, the projectile is not correctly recognised.

It doesn't work correctly, the projectile is not correctly recognised.

code_language.skript:

It's most likely this line that is not being recognized, like I said never tested it in-game, but you should get the basic idea.

code_language.skript:

It's most likely this line that is not being recognized, like I said never tested it in-game, but you should get the basic idea.

Yep , it is not recognised , because is not a default projectile.
You should use the ground state event of skellett for that or using the classic loop method.

so like this?
Code:

code_language.skript:
On projectile hit:
        set fall distance of loop-entity to 1
        damage loop-entities by 2
[doublepost=1501808260,1501808164][/doublepost]Still can't recognize the entity hmm
[doublepost=1501814292][/doublepost]How do i fix?

How do i fix?
No bumping in less than 24 hours. Scrap on projectile hit event because the item projectile damage can be done under the shooting event.
1. Start the while loop after shooting the item projectile. (with a tick wait)
2. Check for a block 0.3 meters below item projectile. If this condition is met, delete item projectile and end the while loop.
3. Check for entities 0.1 meters around the item projectile.
4. If the entity condition is met, damage the entity then end the while loop

I know you love 1.8, but I really do think you should consider upgrading:c you have 8 posts here of things not working just since yesterday and many of them we've been able to make work for us just fine. Your errors and problems are only going to get worse as skript moves forward.

I know you love 1.8, but I really do think you should consider upgrading:c you have 8 posts here of things not working just since yesterday and many of them we've been able to make work for us just fine. Your errors and problems are only going to get worse as skript moves forward.
Tbh, looking at his issues, they would definitely work on 1.8. I just feel like he doesn't bother debugging, doing work-arounds, and doing a 10-20 min research on the docs and forums. It's like Adrihun all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.