Space survival type gamemode

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Jordan

Jan 25, 2017
Scotland
Closed Beta Status:
Not Available
Hello interested person,

Today i'm here to discuss a very cool idea, and show the concepts / progress already made on the gamemode, are you sick of seeing your standard medieval based rpg popping up all over the place, are you looking for something different? Something with strategy, something that can be played for hours and still not get you close to the end goal? Well you're in the right place, SolenoidCRAFT is your answer!

SolenoidCRAFT is a space based RPG, having the player travel the universe in seek of riches, resources and much more, having your own spaceship just for you. Personalize your spaceship by crafting or finding modules scattered around the galaxy, not interested in how strong your ship is? Just want to attack other players and take over? You can do exactly this, with installing a navigator module into your ship you can detect other player's ships and beam up to them, be aware because this player might be expecting you, fighting on an unknown ship is dangerous and might be the last ship you ever enter.

If you're a more civilized player and prefer to get your wealth through trading this is absolutely possible, by traveling to various occupied space stations you can setup your own market and dominate the galaxy, selling, buying and trading over 5000 items.

If you're a talented builder, and what to show of your creations, purchasing the holo deck module ( Donator Only ) ship will allow you to create your very own custom modules and put them straight into the game, with a dynamic module core system we're able to build modules directly in game and have them automatically update the code to bring your module to life, sell these modules on the open market to get money or let other players see your work of art.

Below are various pictures taken during the alpha version of the game, these pictures are subject to change and don't reflect what the game mode is or will be in the future.

If you've any suggestions on how you'd like to shape this gamemode please feel free to comment below on what you think can be done to improve it.

if you'd like to get in contact with me about helping, my skype is xb0t3r.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoshYz
Niceee , keep working dude! I can't wait to join to your server!
Thankyou very much, got another video coming, hopefully will be better quality and will showcase some cool features.
[doublepost=1490288948,1490288911][/doublepost]
Ya , it's an interesting project.
it sure is, thanks for taking an interest :emoji_slight_smile: i've more updates to come.
[doublepost=1490355086][/doublepost]UPDATE

If anybody wants to help out on the project feel free to contact me on my skype.

Thanks.
[doublepost=1490715338][/doublepost]UPDATE 28/03/2017

Change log:
  • New module - Gravitational Lift
  • Bug fix for teleport module
  • Navigational module mapped out
  • Galaxy System mapped out
  • Spaceship trading mapped out
Video:

Reactions: YoshYz and bi0
I would love to help you, but i am already working on my own project. But I am good 3D Models designer for texturepacks :emoji_slight_smile: and I have time for this

Reactions: Jordan
I would love to help you, but i am already working on my own project. But I am good 3D Models designer for texturepacks :emoji_slight_smile: and I have time for this

That's great to hear, i don't want to take you away from your own project, you can add me on skype and we can discuss more if you'd like, 3D models would be a great addition to this gamemode, of course only if you have time to do this and it's not taking you away from your own project.

My skype is xb0t3r.
[doublepost=1491910185,1490716316][/doublepost]UPDATE 11/04/2017

Sneak peak of the new matter storage system

39PVpdr.png

Changelog:

• Back end data all re written and will now run alot smoother
  • Back end player data logging for admin use
  • Market place started ( Demo coming soon )
I'll maybe see if i can release a video this week, it might have to be next.
[doublepost=1492359939][/doublepost]Updated post.

Looks really interesting, I'd love to test this

Great to hear! Unfortunately it's just on my localhost the now as it's only me working on the project, maybe if i find other people who want to help work on the project i'll get a server setup and maybe get a few people on to beta test.
[doublepost=1492703833,1492360890][/doublepost]UPDATE 11/04/2017

New Mass Molecular Storage machine developed. ( It's somewhat similar to how applied energistics works if you've ever played modded however with our own twist to it, as you can see from the photo it also supports custom names and lores, aswell as nbt and other data tags. In the photos it's currently pulling from a single chest to the right of it however it'll have support to connect to multiple chests maybe via cables or something, not to sure how i'm going to do it yet.

Dev pictures below.

6a8d663f-c4ca-4433-8b86-64ec639639fa

VNkeemz.png

8hoV86E.png

tVtZKeL.png

The market is also somewhat done, i'll post pictures later of that.
[doublepost=1493771954][/doublepost]UPDATE 03/05/2017

Hey guys sorry about the lack of updates, been busy with work and balancing my social life, i've been working bit by bit on a new exosuit system for the gamemode, giving you complete control of your armor build, allowing the user to chose different paths on how they want to play.

Images shown below, might put a video out soon to showcase the full functions of it

http://imgur.com/a/kwAHi

You'll be able to find various module parts for the exosuit as well as craft or trade with out users to get them.

That's pretty good.
[doublepost=1499713949,1493842901][/doublepost]UPDATE:

Sorta stopped working on this project cause i lost motivation, was only me coding it so progress was slow and very demotivating, thus being said i still plan on working on it bit by bit but since nobody wants to join in and help progress will indeed be slow and i've no clue when it'll get to a stable enough point to release.