Skript time of reload?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobooX

Feb 21, 2017
Hi, my server is using only scripts for all custom systems and total reload time of all scripts are ~3 minutes.
My question is: is any solution to make scripts more lightable?

Something like:
- shorter syntax
- using "(" or ")" in scripts. For example: if (arg 1 is "test") <-- i just heared its help.

Please do not say me to use Java :emoji_grinning:

My question is: is any solution to make scripts more lightable?
Long story short, No! If you are scripting an entire server (god help your server) this is what is going to happen.
Skript was NEVER MEANT to write entire servers with, it was meant for people to adjust little things on their server. Specifically for customizing what plugins could not do. IF you are writing your entire server with Skript, and it takes 3 minutes to parse your scripts, thats life.
When Skript loads, it has to loop thru all your scripts, all your code, and parse it so the server can understand it.
If it is taking 3 minutes to load, that means 1 of 2 things:
1) You have WAY TOO MUCH CODE, and the server is taking that long to basically translate it into a way it can deal with your events/commands.
2) You have a potato of a server, and it just cant handle what you wrote.

- using "(" or ")" in scripts. For example: if (arg 1 is "test") <-- i just heared its help.
This will do absolutely nothing for parse time. This will basically do nothing at all.
[doublepost=1561508029,1561507921][/doublepost]I also wanted to add, if it takes 3 minutes just for your scripts to load, this greatly shows how your server is going to perform.
My guess is your code is insanely inefficient.

When you log onto your server, everything might be fine. Heck, 10 players might find it fine. But the second you start getting more players, your server is going to run harder and harder.
Im about 97.49% sure if you get over 20 players, your server will crash quite often. If not crash, then at least your console will be spewing out errors left, right and centre.

There are also some parse issues with specific effects which take a lot of parsing time. As far as I remember, particles from SkRayfall is one of them, but there are more

Long story short, No! If you are scripting an entire server (god help your server) this is what is going to happen.
Skript was NEVER MEANT to write entire servers with, it was meant for people to adjust little things on their server. Specifically for customizing what plugins could not do. IF you are writing your entire server with Skript, and it takes 3 minutes to parse your scripts, thats life.
When Skript loads, it has to loop thru all your scripts, all your code, and parse it so the server can understand it.
If it is taking 3 minutes to load, that means 1 of 2 things:
1) You have WAY TOO MUCH CODE, and the server is taking that long to basically translate it into a way it can deal with your events/commands.
2) You have a potato of a server, and it just cant handle what you wrote.

This will do absolutely nothing for parse time. This will basically do nothing at all.
[doublepost=1561508029,1561507921][/doublepost]I also wanted to add, if it takes 3 minutes just for your scripts to load, this greatly shows how your server is going to perform.
My guess is your code is insanely inefficient.

When you log onto your server, everything might be fine. Heck, 10 players might find it fine. But the second you start getting more players, your server is going to run harder and harder.
Im about 97.49% sure if you get over 20 players, your server will crash quite often. If not crash, then at least your console will be spewing out errors left, right and centre.

Thanks for answer.
2 Years ago i made rly good server where was 400 players online. Tps was ~19.50 ALWAYS. My server not crash and everythings was fine. So.. noo.. you do not have right about 20 players can crash server. If scripts are good then server is good.

Anyway i just answer about reload time not performance.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for answer.
2 Years ago i made rly good server where was 400 players online. Tps was ~19.50 ALWAYS. My server not crash and everythings was fine. So.. noo.. you do not have right about 20 players can crash server. If scripts are good then server is good.

Sorry for my English.
I agree, Because i am running a server now only with skript and it has 400 to 670 Player every 2 weeks And it is not crashing, So yes you're right the script quality is the only thing that make sense at server peformence.
[doublepost=1561813480,1561812921][/doublepost]
Thanks for answer.

Sorry for my English.
Maybe, @ShaneBee Had a server with a low Ram/ Bad CPU that make TPS more higher but for me (Maybe also you) we have good RAM / CPU
Thats why our TPS low Because TPS depends on ram & cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.