Questions

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

ShaneBee

Supporter +
Addon Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Hi @FrostedWeFall
I have some questions regarding your resource Simple Essentials Pro

1) Im confused why you are charging money for a Skript, that is a remake of a very popular FREE plugin?
2) ""Currently it is no where near a good standard and is currently in Alpha stage with HEAVY Development."" So its not good, but you are charging for it?
3) Your terms of service? Now I'm going to assume you copy/pasted this from someone else resources, and here is why.
code_language.skript:
BY PURCHASING THIS PLUGIN, YOU CONFIRM YOUR AGREEMENT IN FULL TO THESE TERMS:
- This resource may only be used on one server or server network linked through a proxy e.g BungeeCord.
- You may not redistribute the resource or any resources affiliated with the plugin other than configuration files.
- You may not decompile the contents of the plugin.
- You may not not give, sell, lease, this resource to others
- You may not post errors in the review section. PM ME.
- You may not obtain or distribute source code related to this resource.
- There are no refunds, and you may not dispute, claim or chargeback.
-These terms can change at any time.
(Updated 8th October 2018)
"This resource may only be used on one server or server network linked through a proxy e.g BungeeCord." - Its a Skript, how are you going to monitor that? If you placed something into the skript that links it to a website, all a person has to do is remove that section.
"You may not decompile the contents of the plugin." -- Its not a plugin, its a Skript file. Therefor how would someone decompile it? All they have to do is double click it and open it, Its a text file.
"You may not obtain or distribute source code related to this resource." - Again, it's a Skript file (text file) ... I may not obtain the source code? Its a TEXT FILE!!!

Your terms in your terms of service, go to show you copied this from another resource, as none of this pertains to how Skript resources work. If you copied this from another resource, how can I trust you as a developer? How much of your code is actually copied?

This resource has been posted for almost a year now, and you have had ZERO purchases. I really think you need to rethink the cost of this. Its not worth money, since there are FREE versions of Essentials(x) out there, and none of them say things like "no where near good" in their description.

Im posting this in general, since I haven't purchased it, I do not have access to posting in your discussion.

I just wanted to reach out to you, because I really feel you need to rethink this resource.

EDIT: I wanted to add to this
"In Development Economy System - so you dont need Vault" - Dont need Vault? Which also means won't work with any economy based plugin, ie: ShopChest, GriefPrevention, JobsReborn, any plugin that hooks into economy!
"Most Essentials commands" - Most? So if its missing some, why wouldn't I just use essentials?
"Essentials ( Only for /cmdblock. Not required )" WHAT???? So you need essentials, to use a certain command, in your essentials Skript? WHY?!?! Why wouldn't I just use essentials then?
That would be like me creating a WorldEdit Skript, and requiring WorldEdit to be able to use the brush.

I keep getting flamed for this resource so im just going to remove it. Thank you. Sorry about that and have a nice day.