Problem with the fishing rod with custom fishing loot.

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

strezz

Mar 26, 2024
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to create some sort of fishing simulator in minecraft.
I created a bunch of custom fish species to give to the player when they catch a fish.
The problem I'm having is that when I right click to reel in the fish, the fishing rod gets stuck in the water.
If I then try to right click again to reel in, it gives me a fish again.

I think it might have to do with the fact that I cancel the event, but I can't seem to find any other way to cancel the standard MC drops.

If someone could find some kind of work-around I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your time.

CODE:

on fish:
if "%region at player%" contains "high_fens":
chance of 100%:
set {give_european_eel} to true

if fish state = caught fish:
cancel event
wait 5 ticks
if {give_european_eel} is true:
give player {fish::european_eel}
set {give_european_eel} to false

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to create some sort of fishing simulator in minecraft.
I created a bunch of custom fish species to give to the player when they catch a fish.
The problem I'm having is that when I right click to reel in the fish, the fishing rod gets stuck in the water.
If I then try to right click again to reel in, it gives me a fish again.

I think it might have to do with the fact that I cancel the event, but I can't seem to find any other way to cancel the standard MC drops.

If someone could find some kind of work-around I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your time.

CODE:

on fish:
if "%region at player%" contains "high_fens":
chance of 100%:
set {give_european_eel} to true

if fish state = caught fish:
cancel event
wait 5 ticks
if {give_european_eel} is true:
give player {fish::european_eel}
set {give_european_eel} to false
I did a bit of research from an older thread (here), and found that there isn’t really an easy or effective way to do this with Skript that isn’t buggy or that works well. The only solution mentioned is by using SkriptMirror and to manually set the caught item, however, this is an older thread and there could be better ways to do this kinda thing now.