Player Vaults (Skript) Packet Dupe Patch

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Ratnobrade

Sep 10, 2022
Hi, I don't really know if this is the right place for this, but I'm going to post this here!!!

I recently had a player dupe a ton of items on my server, and I did some checks to see how they did it. They used a mod called UI Utilities which allows you to open up a closed inventory. This doesn't send any packets to the server, and prevents the server from knowing items were taken from the inventory.

The patch that I coded for this was to delete items if the inventory wasn't properly closed. This means if the inventory is closed and a packet is sent the inventory will be saved, but if the inventory if not closed correctly the items in the inventory are deleted. This is a hard patch to this glitch.

This skript I have been working on was inspired by another skript. I edited the skript heavily, but if you are interested in seeing the original skript here it is! https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/playervault-skript.71434/

I don't claim to have made the skript, and the skript is fair use. Anyone is allowed to use it. If you are planning on making a server where there are guis which save items you need to edit the skript to prevent this dupe. It is very serious and can ruin your server and it's economy.

Attachments

• playervaults.sk
    4.4 KB · Views: 94