Particle effects on weapons

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Raigna

Oct 2, 2017
Category: Particles on Held Items

Suggested name: anything

What I want:
sorry this is the second request within a few days lol, ive also been trying to create particle effects on weapons that you hold or armour you equip but my attempts so far have failed, ive tried writing a script for it already and attempted a number of times to fix it but i keep on getting the error there's no world in a periodic event which i haven't got the foggiest on what that means, i would appreciate if someone could look at the code and tell me where im going wrong and how to correct it

every second:
loop all players:
if name of tool of loop-player is "&3&lM&bystic &3&lW&bhip":
drawComplexSpiral particle "redstone", center player, id "%player%", rainbowMode true, clockwise true, scan true, radius 1.5, density 50, height 6, effectMod .05, start 0, visibleRange 30

thank you for your time i really appreciate it

Ideas for commands: -

Ideas for permissions: -

When I'd like it by: anytime,

Should be "center loop-player" and " id "%loop-player%" " in your particle line.

Yeah, that's the error you get when using `player` when you should be using `loop-player`. Bit confusing, I'll make note of it to bensku so he can maybe fix it for 2.3.

Reactions: Raigna
thank you both, that really helped, quick follow up question if you don't mind, I modified my code a little to show a simple particle effect around my character while holding the weapon, it works for alot of effects but i cant seem to get the redstone particles to work nor do i know how to colour them

This command works:

every 2 seconds:
loop all players:
if name of held item of loop-player is "<cyan><b>M<light blue><b>ystic <cyan><b>W<light blue><b>hip":
play 100 (portal with speed 0) at loop-player

But when I use this command I get the error loop-player is not a world:

every 2 seconds:
loop all players:
if name of held item of loop-player is "<cyan><b>M<light blue><b>ystic <cyan><b>W<light blue><b>hip":
play 100 (coloured dust with speed 0) at loop-player

thanks again for the help