IDs of modded items are not valid

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

RadimZmeskal

Aug 30, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with using Conquest Reforged modpack and I need to use modded items in my server scripts. When I reload I get a console full of error messages that the modded item IDs are not valid. Is there any way to configure the script to recognize them?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

1693384272152.png

It would be nice if you could send a code file or send a link to the code file.

I have this same issue when trying to create aliases. I found an old forum post that talks about being able to use aliases to recognize modded items in events, but it doesn't work for me.
Code:
aliases:
    rifle = mwc:m4a1
link to the post: post

I have this same issue when trying to create aliases. I found an old forum post that talks about being able to use aliases to recognize modded items in events, but it doesn't work for me.
Code:
aliases:
    rifle = mwc:m4a1
link to the post: post
aliases won't work on modded items (as you already know). I don't think they work at all, but you could try a variable instead.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with using Conquest Reforged modpack and I need to use modded items in my server scripts. When I reload I get a console full of error messages that the modded item IDs are not valid. Is there any way to configure the script to recognize them?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

View attachment 7799
In this picture it literally says 'minecraft id'.

aliases won't work on modded items (as you already know). I don't think they work at all, but you could try a variable instead.
Thanks for the idea, I know that aliases do work for normal items currently, I just don't know when from 2017 to now they cut off alias support for modded items. I think a variable could work, but you would have to redo all of your mod item variables any time you do a variable wipe. I'm also not sure if you can reference a variable in an event like this
Code:
on rightclick with {moddeditem}:
or if you would have to do
Code:
on rightclick:
    player's tool = {moddeditem}
which kinda defeats the purpose bc you could just do
Code:
on rightclick:
    "%type of player's tool%" = "MODDEDITEM"
instead. Thank you for your help, this is something that reminds me that skript really isn't meant to be used with mods, but unfortunately most of the features on my server run on skript and idk how to code them in a mod so i guess checking the type is the best ill get.

Thanks for the idea, I know that aliases do work for normal items currently, I just don't know when from 2017 to now they cut off alias support for modded items. I think a variable could work, but you would have to redo all of your mod item variables any time you do a variable wipe. I'm also not sure if you can reference a variable in an event like this
Code:
on rightclick with {moddeditem}:
or if you would have to do
Code:
on rightclick:
    player's tool = {moddeditem}
which kinda defeats the purpose bc you could just do
Code:
on rightclick:
    "%type of player's tool%" = "MODDEDITEM"
instead. Thank you for your help, this is something that reminds me that skript really isn't meant to be used with mods, but unfortunately most of the features on my server run on skript and idk how to code them in a mod so i guess checking the type is the best ill get.
if you parse it, maybe. Or you might be able to use a function.