Official [Feedback] What do YOU want in Docs 2?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

@BaeFell
When you go into Docs in the left side of the screen it will tell you whats on that page. And when you click on something it will make your browser go to that part. Can you make it like glow for 2 seconds to show what you clicked on

sorry bad engli xd

@BaeFell
When you go into Docs in the left side of the screen it will tell you whats on that page. And when you click on something it will make your browser go to that part. Can you make it like glow for 2 seconds to show what you clicked on

sorry bad engli xd
He said that she already fixed it in the new docs, this is the third time now ;-;

Reactions: BaeFell
@BaeFell are the old/no longer active addons going to be on the docs? Basically, are the add-ons that are currently on the docs, be imported into Docs 2. (I can provide dl's lmao)

@BaeFell are the old/no longer active addons going to be on the docs? Basically, are the add-ons that are currently on the docs, be imported into Docs 2. (I can provide dl's lmao)
That would be up the developers rather than the administrators, and no one is going to put examples and document old addons. The best thing to do is just let alone those old and unsupported addons.

All current data will be moved across onto the new tables. We'll be putting a notice up for outdated and unsupported addons, however, their documentation will still remain.

@Tuke_Nuke is making a Java way of automatically adding and updating syntaxes. I will also see about a copy+paste way of doing it, and would be willing to make custom parsers for each addon, if it's any easier for addon developers. I know different addons have different registering systems. The preferred format is JSON, but can work with others. If you have your own format already, please do PM me on here or Discord and I'll see what I can do

@Syst3ms I'm working on it to make the API most adaptable as possible. The main way to add or edit syntax will be through annotations (as Skript does by default for its docs).

The API will only catch for syntaxes that aren't included in docs or was edited locally (changed the syntax, edited the description...). This process only happen once: when the dev is ready to release the plugin.
It will also have retro compatibillity, which means it won't be necessary to adapt all of your old stuffs using annotations, and also adapt with most addon's register methods as possible, like let them use its own annotations or manually adding the syntaxes.

More details about it soon, the API will be released at same time as the docs.

Hi everyone,

skUnity Docs 2 are nearing release. I'm finishing up some features and making everything as smooth as possible. Before launching though, I want to see what you would like to see in Docs 2. My current mindset about features are ones that are essential to Docs and will be included before launch and other features which will come shortly after launch.

This thread basically serves as a place for you to say what you'd like to see, what didn't work well, what did work well and just general discussion about the Docs. All feedback is appreciated, but please keep it on-topic and constructive. Not all features will be added, but I'll be sure to consider every suggestion.

Thanks,
BaeFell
Maybe you can add a feachure that you can search only selected addons...

@Tuke_Nuke is making a Java way of automatically adding and updating syntaxes.

More details about it soon, the API will be released at same time as the docs.

hey.... isn't this something i should know about? :c

ghmdd.gif

Maybe make it redirect to https://skunity.com/doc? Right now you need to type it in the URL bar which some people might not know about...
The docs 2 aren't released yet
[doublepost=1492600608,1492599834][/doublepost]You might not know this, but I am currently making a Scope API to add to Skript, allowing stuff like :
code_language.skript:
build a location to {_var}:
    x coord 5
    y coord 0
    z coord -64
    world "world"
    yaw 50
    pitch 0
to be created using the Skript API. You can agree that these are neither conditions nor effects. I think they should deserve their own category. Even though the API is not released, @Tlatoani and @Tuke_Nuke have managed their way around the lack of API and have created their own scopes. thus they can be moved in this category.

Get someone who'll be updating examples, if author don't, because lack of them is hard for new script-makers :emoji_grinning:
Add functions from clear Sk, known bugs category for authors so they can add them there? :V

The docs 2 aren't released yet
[doublepost=1492600608,1492599834][/doublepost]You might not know this, but I am currently making a Scope API to add to Skript, allowing stuff like :
code_language.skript:
build a location to {_var}:
    x coord 5
    y coord 0
    z coord -64
    world "world"
    yaw 50
    pitch 0
to be created using the Skript API. You can agree that these are neither conditions nor effects. I think they should deserve their own category. Even though the API is not released, @Tlatoani and @Tuke_Nuke have managed their way around the lack of API and have created their own scopes. thus they can be moved in this category.
I'm trying to get more on the docs now that Skript spans so much. skqAddons, APIs, Umbaska Modules, and more, exist now. I'd happily try and get your feature on the docs :emoji_slight_smile:

Get someone who'll be updating examples, if author don't, because lack of them is hard for new script-makers :emoji_grinning:
Add functions from clear Sk, known bugs category for authors so they can add them there? :V
It's purely up to the author. The community can easily add examples to any syntax element on Docs 2 without much hassle. We don't have the funds to pay someone to do it, nor do I have the time to do examples myself. I could look at some Example Crew, with some encouragement such as medals for doing examples, but it isn't a top priority. I'm not sure what "clear Sk", is. I haven't heard of it myself.

I'm trying to get more on the docs now that Skript spans so much. skqAddons, APIs, Umbaska Modules, and more, exist now. I'd happily try and get your feature on the docs :emoji_slight_smile:

Just for some clarification, does this mean that people who make Function APIs (Like json.sk or TitleAPI) can add their own Syntaxes on the new Docs?