Official [Feedback] What do YOU want in Docs 2?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

skUnity Docs 2 are nearing release. I'm finishing up some features and making everything as smooth as possible. Before launching though, I want to see what you would like to see in Docs 2. My current mindset about features are ones that are essential to Docs and will be included before launch and other features which will come shortly after launch.

This thread basically serves as a place for you to say what you'd like to see, what didn't work well, what did work well and just general discussion about the Docs. All feedback is appreciated, but please keep it on-topic and constructive. Not all features will be added, but I'll be sure to consider every suggestion.

Thanks,
BaeFell

A tab for example discussion would be nice.
Examples will be on a voting system. You'll be able to upvote and downvote examples. The votes each example has then affects where it's displayed on the list. While there isn't a comment system, I could look into it, but not sure of its use.

I would suggest just image links so the images don't spam up the page. I also think that there should be a reviewal system for examples so someone can't spam them.
It'd probably just be a button like "See in action". Examples in Docs 1.0 are reviewed by the addon author. In Docs 2, they're not reviewed and rely on community moderating. However, there will be an Activity Queue where we as staff can view and the addon author themselves can see.

Reactions: BrettPlayMC
Add skript apis to the docs. So like Rezz's json.sk's syntax can be added into the docs so users can easily search it.
Completely forgot about those! That'll be a thing I'll look at adding. Wrong did a majority the public side, so I'll have to have a play around. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Completely forgot about those! That'll be a thing I'll look at adding. Wrong did a majority the public side, so I'll have to have a play around. Shouldn't be too difficult.
Also I know this is sort of off topic but it sorta is still on topic, you should make a Syntax Add-on that lets you make custom syntax within skript
[doublepost=1492431199,1492431131][/doublepost]
Also I know this is sort of off topic but it sorta is still on topic, you should make a Syntax Add-on that lets you make custom syntax within skript
So we don't need to use functions

@BaeFell I dont really think this is really on topic, i am new to SkUnity, but for the very best i hope the new Doc's will have smaller, not usually used things, like banner commands, that are explained as well, Things of that sort that are basically on some specific documents explained at addon creators page, BUT for a new beginner on Skript, those are really hard to understand at all, so i might suggest taking a look at Skript Help page on the forum and make sure the most popular question answers could be found there.

Another thing is implementing and Q: // A: on the .docs, why? and from what? - i would say the same thing it would read the post from Skript help and post the Skript help posts + the Best answer to there, when a best answer is chosen, just so while you are looking for things, you might just go to the side bar and check the newest things that where answered. I personally check them manually, but that could be a future thing you might maybe implement.

Sorry, if i misunderstood the post. In that case, forget what i said.

@BaeFell I dont really think this is really on topic, i am new to SkUnity, but for the very best i hope the new Doc's will have smaller, not usually used things, like banner commands, that are explained as well, Things of that sort that are basically on some specific documents explained at addon creators page, BUT for a new beginner on Skript, those are really hard to understand at all, so i might suggest taking a look at Skript Help page on the forum and make sure the most popular question answers could be found there.

Another thing is implementing and Q: // A: on the .docs, why? and from what? - i would say the same thing it would read the post from Skript help and post the Skript help posts + the Best answer to there, when a best answer is chosen, just so while you are looking for things, you might just go to the side bar and check the newest things that where answered. I personally check them manually, but that could be a future thing you might maybe implement.

Sorry, if i misunderstood the post. In that case, forget what i said.
Both of your suggestions sound better suited for the forums than the docs. The docs are intended as just a location to find syntax and the different features of addons. I'll look into seeing about being to put as much information as possible for each syntax element to help new Skripters, but the forums will be the best source if you really need help. There is also the skUnity Discord (link at the bottom of the forums) which has dedicated channels for help. Hope this clears things up for you :emoji_slight_smile:

Reactions: BrettPlayMC
For events, a little tab or something to include/explain the event-values for each event.
Added :emoji_slight_smile:

Fix the downloads first in the skUnity downloads page. some addons like skDragon just take you to a page that doesn't exist.
That's the authors responsibility, not ours. Majority of addons on skUnity Docs, exist on in the resources section of the forums.

Better search algorithm.
Will be looking at trying to improve this massively, including an advanced search feature.

Reactions: Tlatoani
Do more examples because a lot of them say "+ ADD EXAMPLE" and also do more Descriptions, some of them say "+ Add description!"
[doublepost=1492449614,1492449356][/doublepost]
It'd probably just be a button like "See in action". Examples in Docs 1.0 are reviewed by the addon author. In Docs 2, they're not reviewed and rely on community moderating. However, there will be an Activity Queue where we as staff can view and the addon author themselves can see.
Good idea!

Do more examples because a lot of them say "+ ADD EXAMPLE" and also do more Descriptions, some of them say "+ Add description!"
Again, up to the addon author. There will be tools to quickly list syntax elements without an example and add one as a general docs user which should hopefully encourage community contributions.