Altera - 1.11 100% Skript

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Veraid

Feb 8, 2017
icon.png
762502_1.gif

Read: Altera is a server I made that is fully done through Skript, I have done all the code myself, a friend has helped with some Artwork and another has helped with the Wiki, moderation and the advertisement. The below Ad you can also see on planetminecraft the only time the server has been advertised was when it was originally put on PMC, I've not bumped it or posted anywhere else yet since I'm adding a few extra features before I feel it's ready to fully be advertised but it's still fun so if you feel like testing check it out :emoji_slight_smile:

pmc.png

Altera is a new and upcoming fully custom Minecraft
survival server currently in development that will soon provide you with the
necessary skills to fulfill your medieval dreams. Join the fight with
your choice of these 5 custom classes:

Archer: Long-ranged combatant making use of deadly projectiles
Mage: Use your powers to eradicate your foes (Currently Under Maintenance due to the Magic Update)
Warrior: Using your mighty strength you will dominate the battlefield
Rogue:
Using your stealth you can decide the outcome of any battle
Priest:
In this world healers are in demand, so will you help your companions

Our current features include:

- Custom Weaponry
- Custom Shop and Banking System
- Ship Travel
- Custom Currency
- Custom Leveling System
- Custom Enchanting
- 5 Classes
- Custom Creatures
- Magic
- Vote Rewards
- Client Configuration
- 100% Custom Coded Minecraft Server

We love Minecraft and we are very optimistic about the future of Altera stick with us throughout our development phase to discover new features such as:
NPC Followers
- Have Human and Animal companions
Guilds - Join guilds and unlock new talents
Settlements - Create your own Settlements, have NPC workers like farmers to get you food, blacksmiths to make your weapons and barracks to provide you with protection. Advance into a kingdom, tax your NPCs and become the servers greatest leader
Challenges - Complete challenges to unlock powerful artifacts and achievements to unlock new areas and features
Special Combat Arenas - Unique combat arenas to fight, compete or even go jousting with other players, creatures and NPCs

Instances - Play against powerful foes on your own, group up and take out powerful bosses or create a raid and make even the gods fall before you!

These are only a few features we have discussed. Altera is a large scale project

Please note: Our server is not 100% complete and is currently in a BETA
The content portrayed by this advertisement and by the server
are not set in stone. Any additional features can and/or will be
added/removed if found necessary. Once out of beta, any beta players
will receive a limited item, provided only to those who stuck with the
server throughout its development

What parts of this are original though? SO many servers have done the whole "pick a class" thing with magic and other things. What actually makes this different, what features are there that are fully new?

What parts of this are original though? SO many servers have done the whole "pick a class" thing with magic and other things. What actually makes this different, what features are there that are fully new?
I haven't even implied the server is original, when it comes to making things the sole purpose isn't that it is original it is that it is enjoyable. If everyone was trying to come up with an original design for every single server it would all be so damn confusing... I had my own idea for a medieval server and I made it, the difference is it's one that I actually like. Look at games can you really call them original?

Overwatch: Blizzards own TF2
Minecraft: Mojang's own Infiniminer
Dota: Valve's own League of Legends

If you see me saying UNIQUE SERVER RIGHT HERE Call me out but there aren't so get lost kid. Originality is dull if everyone was trying to make something original I would never have fun in games ever again there would be no more hope for my love of vampires, werewolves, orcs, elves, quests, etc... Altera Is a mix of all medieval elements put together in the way I enjoy and the way others can aswell If you don't enjoy that don't play, we don't try to be something else for Originality we try to make it fun.

I haven't even implied the server is original, when it comes to making things the sole purpose isn't that it is original it is that it is enjoyable. If everyone was trying to come up with an original design for every single server it would all be so damn confusing... I had my own idea for a medieval server and I made it, the difference is it's one that I actually like. Look at games can you really call them original?

If you see me saying UNIQUE SERVER RIGHT HERE Call me out but there aren't so get lost kid. Originality is dull if everyone was trying to make something original I would never have fun in games ever again there would be no more hope for my love of vampires, werewolves, orcs, elves, quests, etc... Altera Is a mix of all medieval elements put together in the way I enjoy and the way others can aswell If you don't enjoy that don't play, we don't try to be something else for Originality we try to make it fun.
Just making it clear, I was not trying to insult the server or you. I was simply asking what makes it different to the already popular servers with the same gamemodes, what does your server have that can make me think "I want to play here, not that other server"?

Just making it clear, I was not trying to insult the server or you. I was simply asking what makes it different to the already popular servers with the same gamemodes, what does your server have that can make me think "I want to play here, not that other server"?
It's like choosing between guild wars 2, WoW or ESO. They all have something to offer and they all fit the same genre it comes down to personal preferance.

The Server will have most of the generic features you would expect from a medieval based server (choice of class, levelling, skills, magic, quests, instances/minigames) the difference is based more around the lore and development time I want people to feel immersed.

For Major originality: There isn't any, everything has been inspired by games. I don't play on other servers so I don't even know what they offer thus I'm not going to compare the two if you read the planned features you can get hints of the bigger plans but when you read "Classes", "Magic" or "Shops" these aren't forced to be generic everyone has their own opinion on how things will work. For example I personally prefer the Class system from WoW where you have healing roles, DPS's and tanks (called Supports, Damagers & Guardians on this server) I like them to stand out in their own Unique way. For the Shops I hadn't planned just one general store in the future I plan on adding bakery, blacksmiths etc... with competition between the shopkeepers. Altera is a vision and I'm dedicated to making the playerbase happy I've added a suggestion form for people to come up with their own ideas while I find a way to smoothly add it to the server.

This is Minecraft we are talking about I'm not trying to pitch my server idea to a publisher I'm doing it because it's what I want to do and it's what I enjoy, that's the only reason I need. I'm not forcing people to play, personally I don't want many people on right now it's why I have only advertised once to pmc while I still work on it. That's what betas are all about!

(posting from phone, please exscuse all gramatical/spelling errors)

Valve doesn't own league of legends haha and i'm pretty sure tf2 is owned by valve?

Valve doesn't own league of legends haha and i'm pretty sure tf2 is owned by valve?
I never said valve owns LOL... "Overwatch: Blizzards own tf2" as in Blizzard made overwatch based on tf2, "Dota: Valve's own League of Legends" as in Valve owns Dota...

I never said valve owns LOL... "Overwatch: Blizzards own tf2" as in Blizzard made overwatch based on tf2, "Dota: Valve's own League of Legends" as in Valve owns Dota...

hmm.. You mean

Dota 2 is a moba
League of legends is a mob?

Both games have the same "Gamemode" but are very different in many ways.

Same with overwatch and tf2.

hmm.. You mean

Dota 2 is a moba
League of legends is a mob?

Both games have the same "Gamemode" but are very different in many ways.

Same with overwatch and tf2.
That's the point I'm trying to make... Just because a server is like another server with classes doesn't mean it's the same

Going to like you server if there's custom resourcepack and big featuring custom built objects. Else it does not worth time you put in.

This type of server requires big amount of playtime because they meant to be loooong-paced gamemode.

So if it has nothing cool that other servers don't have - it wasting of time to play on your one.
I think it's point of @Jordan he tried to say you.

Going to like you server if there's custom resourcepack and big featuring custom built objects. Else it does not worth time you put in.

This type of server requires big amount of playtime because they meant to be loooong-paced gamemode.

So if it has nothing cool that other servers don't have - it wasting of time to play on your one.
I think it's point of @Jordan he tried to say you.
It does have a custom resource pack with 3D textures for the daggers, light staff, mystic staff, wood sword and stone sword. There was more textures previously but 1.11 required me to remake them all, the durability on items is being used to make many custom weapons in the future, I actually had many of these made in the past like shields, halberds, spears, bows, battle axes, long swords, short swords, etc... as I've said the server is in beta the only reason I posted here is for testing

Reactions: ImOfflinezzz
Veraid, hello old friend, it has been awhile ...

lost? perplexed? its cause i changed my username from DeityDarkLink to AlphaFrostWolf

i still have you on Skype and wish to help and contact you further, if you can reach the email i provided here then, all the easier but if you still have access to Skype? then please stir it up one last time and let me know which ways to contact you

i am glad you are well, see you in altera, as i wonder aimlessly looking for my own home or the chance to start up my blacksmith shop once again for i desire to rekindle the flames of our friendship

lost? perplexed? its cause i changed my username from DeityDarkLink to AlphaFrostWolf

i still have you on Skype and wish to help and contact you further, if you can reach the email i provided here then, all the easier but if you still have access to Skype? then please stir it up one last time and let me know which ways to contact you

i am glad you are well, see you in altera, as i wonder aimlessly looking for my own home or the chance to start up my blacksmith shop once again for i desire to rekindle the flames of our friendship
This is SkUnity not Shakespeare.org.
icon.png
762502_1.gif

Read: Altera is a server I made that is fully done through Skript, I have done all the code myself, a friend has helped with some Artwork and another has helped with the Wiki, moderation and the advertisement. The below Ad you can also see on planetminecraft the only time the server has been advertised was when it was originally put on PMC, I've not bumped it or posted anywhere else yet since I'm adding a few extra features before I feel it's ready to fully be advertised but it's still fun so if you feel like testing check it out :emoji_slight_smile:

pmc.png

Altera is a new and upcoming fully custom Minecraft
survival server currently in development that will soon provide you with the
necessary skills to fulfill your medieval dreams. Join the fight with
your choice of these 5 custom classes:

Archer: Long-ranged combatant making use of deadly projectiles
Mage: Use your powers to eradicate your foes (Currently Under Maintenance due to the Magic Update)
Warrior: Using your mighty strength you will dominate the battlefield
Rogue:
Using your stealth you can decide the outcome of any battle
Priest:
In this world healers are in demand, so will you help your companions

Our current features include:

- Custom Weaponry
- Custom Shop and Banking System
- Ship Travel
- Custom Currency
- Custom Leveling System
- Custom Enchanting
- 5 Classes
- Custom Creatures
- Magic
- Vote Rewards
- Client Configuration
- 100% Custom Coded Minecraft Server

We love Minecraft and we are very optimistic about the future of Altera stick with us throughout our development phase to discover new features such as:
NPC Followers
- Have Human and Animal companions
Guilds - Join guilds and unlock new talents
Settlements - Create your own Settlements, have NPC workers like farmers to get you food, blacksmiths to make your weapons and barracks to provide you with protection. Advance into a kingdom, tax your NPCs and become the servers greatest leader
Challenges - Complete challenges to unlock powerful artifacts and achievements to unlock new areas and features
Special Combat Arenas - Unique combat arenas to fight, compete or even go jousting with other players, creatures and NPCs

Instances - Play against powerful foes on your own, group up and take out powerful bosses or create a raid and make even the gods fall before you!

These are only a few features we have discussed. Altera is a large scale project

Please note: Our server is not 100% complete and is currently in a BETA
The content portrayed by this advertisement and by the server
are not set in stone. Any additional features can and/or will be
added/removed if found necessary. Once out of beta, any beta players
will receive a limited item, provided only to those who stuck with the
server throughout its development

Any images you have before I join?

It does have a custom resource pack with 3D textures for the daggers, light staff, mystic staff, wood sword and stone sword. There was more textures previously but 1.11 required me to remake them all, the durability on items is being used to make many custom weapons in the future, I actually had many of these made in the past like shields, halberds, spears, bows, battle axes, long swords, short swords, etc... as I've said the server is in beta the only reason I posted here is for testing
why did you have to redo them all? I updated my 1.10 3d pack to 1.11 only problem was I used capitals in the pack which I was req to remove

Sure, I'll contact you. Sorry wasn't checking skunity

This is SkUnity not Shakespeare.org.

Any images you have before I join?
Check the pmc thread link provided above, there are only 2.

why did you have to redo them all? I updated my 1.10 3d pack to 1.11 only problem was I used capitals in the pack which I was req to remove
No idea, they were missing textures and such. My friend did the 3D modelling for them and he used Cubik Pro but that was before Cubik Studio came out so I redid all the models myself. I have a old post on it here showing a screenshot of what was happening http://www.serengeck.com/altera/threads/1-11-update-plans.26/

Reactions: BrettPlayMC
Sure, I'll contact you. Sorry wasn't checking skunity

Check the pmc thread link provided above, there are only 2.

No idea, they were missing textures and such. My friend did the 3D modelling for them and he used Cubik Pro but that was before Cubik Studio came out so I redid all the models myself. I have a old post on it here showing a screenshot of what was happening http://www.serengeck.com/altera/threads/1-11-update-plans.26/

mine did the same after 1.11 everything has to be decapitalized in the resource pack that includes the text in the files folders file names

It might be a long painful task if your not using # in your json file to

mine did the same after 1.11 everything has to be decapitalized in the resource pack that includes the text in the files folders file names

It might be a long painful task if your not using # in your json file to
I don't have the old json files anymore anyway I'll have to check to see if my friend still has some backups on his computer, thanks though