Glitched text

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMangoCrew

Nov 15, 2020
So, I want to create a command (for example: /glitchtext). When I typed it, it is activated. Typing it in once again deactivates it. If it is activated, when you send a chat message, the message replaces itself with an 8-80 character long message with weird symbols (highly inspired by DDLC), and the characters are randomly selected from a list. Can you do that in skript?

Yes. You know how you can color text by using “&[[1-9] OR [a-f]]”? Well, you can also use “&r” to reset code, “&l” for bold, “&m” for underline, “&n” for strikethrough, “&o” for italics, and “&k” for Minecraft enchanting table. So you want “&k” to change the text to magic stuff. Here’s an example:

Code:
on join:
  send “&kHello %player%!” to player

Yes. You know how you can color text by using “&[[1-9] OR [a-f]]”? Well, you can also use “&r” to reset code, “&l” for bold, “&m” for underline, “&n” for strikethrough, “&o” for italics, and “&k” for Minecraft enchanting table. So you want “&k” to change the text to magic stuff. Here’s an example:

Code:
on join:
  send “&kHello %player%!” to player
Yes, I know the essentials colorchat features, but &k changes characters. I want them to not move, just have a list of weird glitchy characters and editing the message, not just using essentials. (Also, my friends said that &k can lag them out cuz all the character changes.)

oh. I don’t think there’s a way to make them not move, but you can go to a website that creates those characters and copy paste them. I think. They won’t move, and they will be random text!

oh. I don’t think there’s a way to make them not move, but you can go to a website that creates those characters and copy paste them. I think. They won’t move, and they will be random text!
you DO know that this whole post is not connected to essentials at all? Please don't set essentials as an example, because it is completely different. I just wanted to get a skript that can have a command that changes your message to random characters selected from a list.

oh (again). Maybe do:

Code:
add {a} to {characters::*}
add {b} to {characters::*}
add {c} to {characters::*}
// and so on...

command /randomMessage <number>:
  loop arg-1 times:
    // add code here that makes an event happen at a random chance
    add {a} to {message::*}
    // more random stuff
    add {b} to {message::*}
    stop
  send “%{message::*}%”

I’m sure there is a more efficient way, but maybe this’ll work???

ik how

Code:
command /glitchedtext:
  trigger:
    if {GlitchedText.%player%} is true:
      set {GlitchedText.%player%} to false
    else:
      set {GlitchedText.%player%} to true

on chat:
  if {GlitchedText.%player%} is true:
    cancel event
    set {GlitchedMessage.%player%} to "&5&k%message%"
    replace all "&0", "&1", "&2", "&3", "&4", "&5", "&6", "&7", "&8", "&9", "&a", "&b", "&c", "&d", "&e", "&f", "&l", "&m", "&n", "&o" and "&r" with " " in {GlitchedMessage.%player%}
    make player say "%{GlitchedMessage.%player%}%"
i havent tested it but it should work
idk what addons are required, i think it may be SkQuery. If not then it is probably no addons :emoji_grinning:

Code:
replace all "&0", "&1", "&2", "&3", "&4", "&5", "&6", "&7", "&8", "&9", "&a", "&b", "&c", "&d", "&e", "&f", "&l", "&m", "&n", "&o" and "&r" with " " in {GlitchedMessage.%player%}
too long, too hard. i'd rather use
Code:
uncolored {GlitchedMessage.%player%}

Code:
too long, too hard. i'd rather use
Code:
uncolored {GlitchedMessage.%player%}
i didnt know that existed :emoji_slight_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.