Solved Particles between 2 locations

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandor_1234

Jan 26, 2017
I am tying to get a straight line off particles between to locations. but i can't find anything to get this to work.
As far i know the drawline will just create a straight line without any delay so i can't use the drawline effect, the drawarc effect also doesn't have a delay option or something like this
So it has to be something like this(This is not made using a skript but using another plugin):
c9db2afddc1e34b9f929122177d86dfe.png

I tried looping the blocks between the player and the target block and than creating a drawdot effect at each loop-block but this wouldn't create 1 straight line.
Code i used:
code_language.skript:
loop blocks from the block at the player to the target block:
                DrawDot count 10, particle "smokelarge", XYZ 0, 0, 0, center location of loop-block, visibleRange 320, pulseDelay 0, keepFor 1 second
                DrawDot count 2, particle "smoke", XYZ 1, 1, 1, center location of loop-block, visibleRange 320, pulseDelay 0, keepFor 1 second
I also tried shooting an arrow and snowball to be able to let the drawdot effect the shot snowball/arrow but its pretty difficult to keep an arrow or snowball to go in a straight line.

Any help or tips will be appreciated <3

Maybe @Sashie can help :emoji_slight_smile:

Are you trying to make a solid line from point to point? or appear shooting from the center? drawLine can do both depending on how you initialize it :3

From the image it appears as though it's 'shooting'

code_language.skript:
drawLine particle redstone, RGB 0, 1, 1, center player, target location of target block, id "%player%", rainbowMode true, solid false, density 20, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 32, displacementXYZ 0, 1.2, 0, pulseDelay 1

you'll see the 'solid' option in there somewhere and the density,with a length of 0 it will go from point to point but if length is greater than 0 then the line will only go out that far.
the solid option makes it a solid line or if its false the line will 'travel' or 'shoot' towards the target
also if you leave the target out of the effect it will just shoot in the direction the location is facing

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you trying to make a solid line from point to point? or appear shooting from the center? drawLine can do both depending on how you initialize it :3

From the image it appears as though it's 'shooting'

code_language.skript:
drawLine particle redstone, RGB 0, 1, 1, center player, target location of target block, id "%player%", rainbowMode true, solid false, density 20, length 0, zigZag count 0, height 0, visibleRange 32, displacementXYZ 0, 1.2, 0, pulseDelay 1

you'll see the 'solid' option in there somewhere and the density,with a length of 0 it will go from point to point but if length is greater than 0 then the line will only go out that far.
the solid option makes it a solid line or if its false the line will 'travel' or 'shoot' towards the target
also if you leave the target out of the effect it will just shoot in the direction the location is facing
Can i also determine how many particles are shown when i use the shooting effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.