Making a command that does nothing

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange

Mar 8, 2020
Hey, so I am running a PvP server & alot of our players use a mod for another server that automatically runs a command for another server, as our server doesn't have that command it sends them an error message telling them to run /help. I want to disable the command and I was wondering if there was a way to do that with skript so when they run the command nothing happens, Thanks!

Hey, so I am running a PvP server & alot of our players use a mod for another server that automatically runs a command for another server, as our server doesn't have that command it sends them an error message telling them to run /help. I want to disable the command and I was wondering if there was a way to do that with skript so when they run the command nothing happens, Thanks!

Try using this:
Code:
on command "/examplecommand":
   set {SOMETHINGRANDOM::%player%} to true
That will just set some random variable to true, and it will not display any message at all (not even blank one). Hope this works for you.

Or, maybe this is even better idea, if you want to completely block the command use (without any messages or variable sets):
Code:
on command "/examplecmd":
   cancel event

Try using this:
Code:
on command "/examplecommand":
   set {SOMETHINGRANDOM::%player%} to true
That will just set some random variable to true, and it will not display any message at all (not even blank one). Hope this works for you.

Or, maybe this is even better idea, if you want to completely block the command use (without any messages or variable sets):
Code:
on command "/examplecmd":
   cancel event
Thank you! Very helpful it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.