Solved sign search

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadka95

Feb 24, 2017
I want to make a seach system and I find a cool way to do it on Hypixel ,is there any possible way to replicate that with skript?, because I don't find anything in docs for that..
2017-08-18_11.56.18.png

2017-08-18_11.56.30.png

Something something with packets, perhaps?

Send the sign edit packet to the player then get the contents after they send it edited and check the first line?

Not that I know specific code that may help you but that's an idea.

Something something with packets, perhaps?

Send the sign edit packet to the player then get the contents after they send it edited and check the first line?

Not that I know specific code that may help you but that's an idea.
Yeah, i was trying with packets, and now I almost got it to work :emoji_grinning: Thanks!

Do everyone here a favor and post the full code when you get it to work, as i'm pretty sure a lot of people, myself included, would want to have this. Thank you in advance
The "sign change" event is not working on it, thats the only problem right now, somehow I need to get the text from the line...

The "sign change" event is not working on it, thats the only problem right now, somehow I need to get the text from the line...
The player sends a packet to the server on sign edit. Catch that packet and see the first line, but do it only if the player has a variable set, for example, {waitingforsign.%player%}, that you set before sending the sign edit packet to the player, to avoid getting packets from all sign edits that are not a search.

...I guess????

Status
Not open for further replies.