In regards to the leaked image of Docs 2 + feedback please

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

I was recently made aware of an image of Docs 2 being leaked. While I don't condone the leak, the docs are coming very soon (finishing touches being done with a few minor features to finish), this is also ample chance to ask for feedback. While the image I have is only a screenshot of a screenshot, and is pretty zoomed out. Plus, if there is going to be a leak, I'd rather have it be more updated. There have been changes from the leaked photo to the one below. Ignore the logo used, it's an old one which we haven't got round to changing yet:

JYeZcUa.png

As a result of the leak, I'm asking for feedback on the above image. Ask any questions you might have about it or Docs 2 in general. While I was hoping to do it as a big surprise, it appears to have been seen by quite a few people that it's well past being deleted and forgotten about.

Thanks,
BaeFell

PS: There are no hard feelings between me and the person who leaked the image, nor would I want any hate towards them for doing so. We've spoken about it and they have their reasons. It's chill.

Can we select which plugins we want to search? A cookie for that selection would be very good.
The search has been overhauled and a new advanced search has been put in place. Featuring things like: addon selection, specifying what to search (title, description, syntax, event-values, return type and/or example), specifying the type (event, effect, expression, condition and/or type), and many more features. If you've got anything specific you want in the search, lemme know and I'll tell if you it's already there or if it can be added.

Reactions: Goetheus and Belial
The search has been overhauled and a new advanced search has been put in place. Featuring things like: addon selection, specifying what to search (title, description, syntax, event-values, return type and/or example), specifying the type (event, effect, expression, condition and/or type), and many more features. If you've got anything specific you want in the search, lemme know and I'll tell if you it's already there or if it can be added.
That's enough and good! No more skDragon expressions!

Reactions: A248
Legit just looks like the old documents with a duller skin, this whole docs 2 has been hyped up so much i'd expect a complete rehaul but from the image above just looks the exact same, not very user friendly at all.

that whole shitty scroll bar at the side, very small hard to read descriptions on the syntax,

thought there was meant to be user submitted examples, and upvoting shit and all that.

I thought it would all be split into sub categories, so if i went into lets say Armour stand category, all of the various addons that have armour stand syntaxs would be shown, but maybe the search bar has been revamped as said and it all works now, who knows.

It really doesn't matter that much. It looks fine and actually works...

I honestly couldn't care less how it works, or how it works, don't use skript much these days but tbf they massively hyped up this docs 2, it's been in the works for like a year now, you'd think something great would of come to it, they asked for alot of user input, and from what i see none of the user input is actually there, ah well, hopefully it actually works and helps new users learn syntax :emoji_slight_smile:

that whole shitty scroll bar at the side, very small hard to read descriptions on the syntax,

thought there was meant to be user submitted examples, and upvoting shit and all that.

I thought it would all be split into sub categories, so if i went into lets say Armour stand category, all of the various addons that have armour stand syntaxs would be shown, but maybe the search bar has been revamped as said and it all works now, who knows.

I agree regardless the font size, I think it can be increased just a little.
The example section, as you see, is a button and it shows some examples for that syntaxes, which the community can contribute sending new examples or up/down voting it.

that whole shitty scroll bar at the side, very small hard to read descriptions on the syntax
if you read, Baefell said that the picture is zoomed out, thats why its hard to read.

there is a examples button that when you click on it, it shows the example and you can do that stuff

what???
[doublepost=1501558505,1501558199][/doublepost]here is the exact same page, just not zoomed out:

JYeZcUa.png

The scrollbar is the default browser one, I think. My monitor is 25", so probably why a lot looks small. There are example upvoting, it's inside the examples tab. Not sure what you mean about the categories part, I don't recall that being mentioned.

I honestly couldn't care less how it works, or how it works, don't use skript much these days but tbf they massively hyped up this docs 2, it's been in the works for like a year now, you'd think something great would of come to it, they asked for alot of user input, and from what i see none of the user input is actually there, ah well, hopefully it actually works and helps new users learn syntax :emoji_slight_smile:
There is a lot of user input been used across the site. This is just 1 screenshot of 1 page.

Hi everyone,

I was recently made aware of an image of Docs 2 being leaked. While I don't condone the leak, the docs are coming very soon (finishing touches being done with a few minor features to finish), this is also ample chance to ask for feedback. While the image I have is only a screenshot of a screenshot, and is pretty zoomed out. Plus, if there is going to be a leak, I'd rather have it be more updated. There have been changes from the leaked photo to the one below. Ignore the logo used, it's an old one which we haven't got round to changing yet:

urcy8LF.png

As a result of the leak, I'm asking for feedback on the above image. Ask any questions you might have about it or Docs 2 in general. While I was hoping to do it as a big surprise, it appears to have been seen by quite a few people that it's well past being deleted and forgotten about.

Thanks,
BaeFell

PS: There are no hard feelings between me and the person who leaked the image, nor would I want any hate towards them for doing so. We've spoken about it and they have their reasons. It's chill.

@BaeFell, is the new docs still using GET or has it moved over to POST?

The scrollbar is the default browser one, I think. My monitor is 25", so probably why a lot looks small. There are example upvoting, it's inside the examples tab. Not sure what you mean about the categories part, I don't recall that being mentioned.

There is a lot of user input been used across the site. This is just 1 screenshot of 1 page.
Tbf i'm just a salty person, but this was the most hyped up thing ever, taking almost a year to complete, i expect greatness, or i'll continue to be salty :emoji_wink:

Reactions: BrettPlayMC
@BaeFell, is the new docs still using GET or has it moved over to POST?
How'd you mean?

Tbf i'm just a salty person, but this was the most hyped up thing ever, taking almost a year to complete, i expect greatness, or i'll continue to be salty :emoji_wink:
While it's taken a year, the docs viewing side was done by Wrong, what I've been doing is the admin/addon dev part, plus fixing up the docs viewer. Things such as the login code has changed 3 times plus different iterations of that code for improvements.

How'd you mean?

While it's taken a year, the docs viewing side was done by Wrong, what I've been doing is the admin/addon dev part, plus fixing up the docs viewer. Things such as the login code has changed 3 times plus different iterations of that code for improvements.
So if i manage to find a security flaw and gain access to the backend, you're fired? Challenge accepted <3

Reactions: Nicofisi