Official [Feedback] What do YOU want in Docs 2?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

@BaeFell would be cool to see pre-processing addons pages like search page. In Docs 1 after you go to Addon syntax(effect/expressions/...) - full docs page will be generated and only after this generation syntax will be sorted.

@BaeFell would be cool to see pre-processing addons pages like search page. In Docs 1 after you go to Addon syntax(effect/expressions/...) - full docs page will be generated and only after this generation syntax will be sorted.
I can't comment specifically on how the docs load in Docs 2. I've mainly worked on the management side of it (adding syntax, editing etc). Wrong created the public side a while ago. I've done minor tweaks to it or implemented changes like event-values, but haven't looked into the loading. I'll talk to Wrong about how it works. We are trying to get it as fast as possible when actually using it, but they already load quite quickly now, so it may come as a later update, if needed

Reactions: ImOfflinezzz
This thread will be 2 months old in 3 days.

Estimated time of arrival?
I'll be rather later than sooner. @BaeFell is a busy person, has other projects like the SkriptRepo and Umbaska 3 without mentioning her own life. And as no one is paying her to do the new docs you should be patient and wait for when it's released. I also don't know how many people is working on this, I don't know if it's only she or there is a team behind this but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BaeFell
This thread will be 2 months old in 3 days.

Estimated time of arrival?
It's basically what @Snow-Pyon just said.

There has been a death in the family, I'm the only one working on the docs, I work 40-50+ hours a week also try and have my own social life, thats not even including other projects I'm doing. The docs are close to being released, but I cannot dedicate enough time to finish them because there just isn't enough time for me to.

There has been a death in the family, I'm the only one working on the docs, I work 40-50+ hours a week also try and have my own social life, thats not even including other projects I'm doing. The docs are close to being released, but I cannot dedicate enough time to finish them because there just isn't enough time for me to.
Maybe you could open up the project development to more people and they could help? It really isn't fair on you at all...

In the other hand, I have lots of free time, so I could help you finish it.

Maybe you could open up the project development to more people and they could help? It really isn't fair on you at all...
In the other hand, I have lots of free time, so I could help you finish it.
I've thought about doing that, but not sure how I'd do it, keep the security of the site and have the ideas that I'd like to add actually be created. If you can answer those questions then please PM me how.

have them running on a seperate site so the security of skunity isnt an issue, can move back later once its finished for the first part

tell the people that have access about your ideas for the second part

I want to apologise and thank everyone for their patience with the release of Docs 2. I have had many personal setbacks and issues within my own life which take priority of my online life. It pains me to have the code just sat there and the site not up, I need to make sure that I'm ok before I can proceed.

About a month ago, I had a very horrible 2 weeks of my life. Finding out someone very close to me was going to die, a family member requiring surgery, another family member being assaulted, the death of that very close person and damage done to my car. I've been doing stupid hours at work and working nearly 50+ hours per week, which has left me worn out and without much personal time. Last week, work was very tiring and upsetting with multiple issues arising around me and conflicts with others who I thought were friends. The funeral for that very close person was yesterday and it has really shaken me up.

I get that it's annoying to have to wait for the new docs and that you are all excited for them. I am too. But my life has just been a downward spiral of one thing after another. I luckily have many close friends in real life and on here, and I'm very thankful to all of those that I can turn too. I now ask that you do not get aggressive at me for anything that hasn't been done. I want to finish the docs and do want to get them released, but I currently cannot cope with having to deal with my own personal issues and then come home to code. People seem to take an aggressive approach with me when something isn't the way they want. I know about the issues of the current docs, things like https and the search function being dodgy, but I do not have the time or effort to fix them. Please don't get angry, I'm trying my best. Yesterday was a very hard and emotional day for me. I cannot just jump back into coding when I do not want too.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help with the docs, and I will look into getting a way for people to help out, but so far it appears to still heavily involve me and that'd just not be worth the time.

Thank you for reading,
BaeFell

I want to apologise and thank everyone for their patience with the release of Docs 2. I have had many personal setbacks and issues within my own life which take priority of my online life. It pains me to have the code just sat there and the site not up, I need to make sure that I'm ok before I can proceed.

About a month ago, I had a very horrible 2 weeks of my life. Finding out someone very close to me was going to die, a family member requiring surgery, another family member being assaulted, the death of that very close person and damage done to my car. I've been doing stupid hours at work and working nearly 50+ hours per week, which has left me worn out and without much personal time. Last week, work was very tiring and upsetting with multiple issues arising around me and conflicts with others who I thought were friends. The funeral for that very close person was yesterday and it has really shaken me up.

I get that it's annoying to have to wait for the new docs and that you are all excited for them. I am too. But my life has just been a downward spiral of one thing after another. I luckily have many close friends in real life and on here, and I'm very thankful to all of those that I can turn too. I now ask that you do not get aggressive at me for anything that hasn't been done. I want to finish the docs and do want to get them released, but I currently cannot cope with having to deal with my own personal issues and then come home to code. People seem to take an aggressive approach with me when something isn't the way they want. I know about the issues of the current docs, things like https and the search function being dodgy, but I do not have the time or effort to fix them. Please don't get angry, I'm trying my best. Yesterday was a very hard and emotional day for me. I cannot just jump back into coding when I do not want too.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help with the docs, and I will look into getting a way for people to help out, but so far it appears to still heavily involve me and that'd just not be worth the time.

Thank you for reading,
BaeFell

Dude don't worry about it Doc 2, real life comes first.

I hope things get better b

Life comes first, and it's understandable, that you didn't make that lot you wanted! Good luck with docs 2 coding! Me and some of friends of mine cross fingers for your success! Use as much time as you need, both new docs and your health are worth it!