Addon to create addon

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

portapipe

Feb 19, 2017
There is a way to create a big all-in-one addon? Or maybe an addon that permit us to create addons with skript?
Let's think about a plugin, like PlaceholderApi, that is supported by Umbaska BUT not for spigot versions 1.9+ and that is annoying.
If we can write that kind of addons with skript maybe this will be easier for everyone to update that kind of stuff...

Just to make the point here an example (just a useless example but is for the idea):

on load:
create expression "placeholder" from "me.clip.placeholderapi.expansion.PlaceholderExpansion"

on join:
placeholder.player_world(player) is "world"
message "Hey Hi! Welcome Back in the main world!"

There is a way to create a big all-in-one addon? Or maybe an addon that permit us to create addons with skript?
Let's think about a plugin, like PlaceholderApi, that is supported by Umbaska BUT not for spigot versions 1.9+ and that is annoying.
If we can write that kind of addons with skript maybe this will be easier for everyone to update that kind of stuff...

Just to make the point here an example (just a useless example but is for the idea):

on load:
create expression "placeholder" from "me.clip.placeholderapi.expansion.PlaceholderExpansion"

on join:
placeholder.player_world(player) is "world"
message "Hey Hi! Welcome Back in the main world!"
That's technically possible actually:

code_language.skript:
function setPlaceholders(player: player, text: text) :: text:
    return method "setPlaceholders" from "me.clip.placeholderapi.PlaceholderAPI" with parameter {_player} and "%%%{_text}%%%"

command test:
    trigger:
        send setPlaceholders(player, "player_name")
that function above doesn't work (for some reason, Skellett has a hook into placeholderAPI anyways) but you get the idea.

That's technically possible actually:

code_language.skript:
function setPlaceholders(player: player, text: text) :: text:
    return method "setPlaceholders" from "me.clip.placeholderapi.PlaceholderAPI" with parameter {_player} and "%%%{_text}%%%"

command test:
    trigger:
        send setPlaceholders(player, "player_name")
that function above doesn't work (for some reason, Skellett has a hook into placeholderAPI anyways) but you get the idea.
Mmmm I didn't find anything about that in the documentation... is that enabled from which version? What about the syntax? Thanks