Skript Skript Tutorial

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

While I appreciate you took the time and effort into creating this, there are things that I see as a mistake or disagree with. There are things missing and stuff put in which shouldn't of been there for the first one.
  • You call events "effects". On join, on server list ping, on break etc, are all events.
  • On server list ping is an event from WildSkript/skQuery, but there is no mention of it nor a download link to either.
  • Skript supports 2 spaces (maybe 1 as well) for indentation, not just tab/4 spaces
  • set motd... is an effect which is again, from WildSkript/skQuery but no mention of it
  • You don't show the user how to reload their script
  • newline is I think, from skQuery, but no mention of it
  • You explain the use of %% inside of a string, with player, but don't actually give the real reason as to why it's used in a string. And don't say why you don't use them when not in a string. player is not a variable, it is an expression.
  • Set max player count... is also from WildSkript/skQuery, no mention.
  • You explain on join and on first join, but not on connect which is handy for kicking players before they actually join.
  • You could maybe explain effects more, such as "send %string%". And also explain why you don't need to specify the player with the on join event and send %string%.
  • You called chat an expression instead of an event

I don't want you to be upset or disheartened by my comments. Take them on board as constructive criticism. If you're going to be doing a Skript YouTube tutorial series, you need to ensure the information you're giving is correct and valid. Plus, the more correct information you're giving, the better it is for the Skripter learning.

Last edited by a moderator: