Parrticle arcs

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

NixTer

Supporter ++
Feb 26, 2024
Elmo's world
Exactly as the title. I am having a lot of trouble with particle arcs, slash effects, slices, and other things that require, well, curves.

I've seen a lot of interesting things with bezier curves, huge slice effects, etc, and I'm having trouble recreating the kind of smooth curves I see. Vectors? Block looping? No clue, despite what I've tried.

It's weird to see you having a problem.
This is my third ever skript-help post and none of them have ever been answered lol

But yeah, although I'm familiar with the math for bezier curves I am struggling with the code for doing that in Skript.

I suppose I could just take the math and make skript run it so I can better visualize it?

have you tried simple y = mx + b?
you could calculate the cumulative distance between three input points and plug it into that equation
you could also try to use point slope maybe?

Last edited:
y = mx + b is the equation to find the slope of a line. This has nothing to do with a curve iirc.

Could work though, I'll talk to my math friend about this.

my idea with y = mx + b was to start at an origin point and use the slope to count outwards. then store all the values in a list to offset from a location given in a world to get a list of points to generate particles at.
infographic.png

like this
but if you ever figure it out I would love to know how