Solved Fishing (Small Script)

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

• LOOKING FOR A VERSION OF SKRIPT?

You can always check out skUnity Downloads for downloads and any other information about Skript!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuckz_

Jul 25, 2019
So um I have been trying to make it whenever a player catches a fish, it'll execute this like of code: send "hi" to player, but It did not execute it, any ideas to fix this? (Also please do not judge my code :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:)

Plugins I am using: Skript (Obviously), SkQuery, Skellet, SkNBeeT, TuSKe, and SkRayFall

Here is my code:

Code:
on fishing:
    if player is holding a fishing rod named "&bNovice Rod":
        if "%fishing state%" is "CAUGHT_FISH":
            chance of 50%:
                send "hi" to player
                stop
            chance of 50%:
                send "bye" to player
                stop

So um I have been trying to make it whenever a player catches a fish, it'll execute this like of code: send "hi" to player, but It did not execute it, any ideas to fix this? (Also please do not judge my code :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:)

Plugins I am using: Skript (Obviously), SkQuery, Skellet, SkNBeeT, TuSKe, and SkRayFall

Here is my code:

Code:
on fishing:
    if player is holding a fishing rod named "&bNovice Rod":
        if "%fishing state%" is "CAUGHT_FISH":
            chance of 50%:
                send "hi" to player
                stop
            chance of 50%:
                send "bye" to player
                stop

You should probably add some debug message before your conditions, to see which code does get executed and which code doesn't.

It seems this part: if "%fishing state%" is "CAUGHT_FISH":

Also TheCringeYT, you are only using 1 variable {fishing.done}, what if multiple players are fishing? So I don't think its going to work.

It seems this part: if "%fishing state%" is "CAUGHT_FISH":

Also TheCringeYT, you are only using 1 variable {fishing.done}, what if multiple players are fishing? So I don't think its going to work.
You should add a debug message for `fishing state`, to see if you're using the right comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.