Why are the offline docs trying to give me malware?

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

Jan 26, 2017
I'm looking for the documentation on SkUnity and I clicked on Offline docs, and my Avast comes up and says it blocked it because it's a threat to the system. I'm going to believe Avast since it's never let me down and I really don't want to take the risk. Why is it that SkUnity has had multiple links on their sites that lead to malicious sites, when the old site was up one of the documentations had a link to a website that invited hackers to join them on their malicious spree. And, where is the actual documentation for all the addons and Skript itself?

And, where is the actual documentation for all the addons and Skript itself?
The docs are currently on the other server that hosted skUnity. That server is currently inaccessible.

I clicked on Offline docs, and my Avast comes up and says it blocked it because it's a threat to the system. I'm going to believe Avast since it's never let me down and I really don't want to take the risk.

We have provided a link to a third party offline docs. That site is not connected to skUnity in any way, so I can't speak to the notices that you are getting from Avast. @TonyMaster21 created the site, so many he can speak to it.

Why is it that SkUnity has had multiple links on their sites that lead to malicious sites, when the old site was up one of the documentations had a link to a website that invited hackers to join them on their malicious spree

As far as other links you have used from skUnity, everything in the docs are user submitted. We can't be responsible for any links that lead you to a website that might be malicious.

I'm looking for the documentation on SkUnity and I clicked on Offline docs, and my Avast comes up and says it blocked it because it's a threat to the system. I'm going to believe Avast since it's never let me down and I really don't want to take the risk.
Like @Rezz said, it's a false positive. I think it has something to do with being a free domain, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm going to report it to Avast.

The offline docs are functional, but they do NOT have the most updated information. I'm not sure when they were last updated.
[doublepost=1485465562,1485465299][/doublepost]I'm not sure if this works, but I searched and found a solution to go to the offline docs.

From http://smallbusiness.chron.com/stop-avast-blocking-websites-54917.html
  1. Double-click on the "Avast" icon in the system tray to open the user interface.
  2. Click the "Real-Time Shields" tab on the left and then click the "Web Shield" item.
  3. Click the "Expert Settings" button to open the Web Shield settings window.
  4. Click "Exclusions" at the left.
  5. Click once in the "enter address" box in the "URLs to exclude section" and type the URL of the website.
  6. Click the "Add" button to add the website to the Exclusions list.
  7. Add all websites that you want to visit and click "OK" to save the new settings and close the window.

I'm not sure if this works, but I searched and found a solution to go to the offline docs.
That seems a little outdated. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
Here's what I did to get it working:

GhhYfHJ.png