News Update on NodeBB Forums Status

• Welcome to skUnity!

Welcome to skUnity! This is a forum where members of the Skript community can communicate and interact. Skript Resource Creators can post their Resources for all to see and use.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our official Discord server to expand your level of interaction with the comminuty!

Now, what are you waiting for? Join the community now!

BaeFell

I'm Poppy
Staff member
Admin
skUnity Legend
Nov 27, 2016
discord.gg
Discord Username
BaeFell
Hi everyone,

It appears that NodeBB does not want to start. I've tried messing around with the code causing the error, but nothing seems to work. If I try to repair NodeBB, then it fails because of the same error. Here's the error for those interested:
Code:
- info: initializing NodeBB ...
- error:  Error: [[error:theme-not-found]]
    at /var/nodebb/src/meta/themes.js:146:21
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:3694:9
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:356:16
    at iterateeCallback (/var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:865:24)
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:840:16
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:3691:13
    at apply (/var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:21:25)
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:56:12
    at /var/nodebb/src/meta/themes.js:66:6
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:1013:9
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:356:16
    at replenish (/var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:877:25)
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:886:9
    at eachOfLimit (/var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:913:22)
    at /var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:918:16
    at eachOf (/var/nodebb/node_modules/async/dist/async.js:991:5)
Any answers on fixing it are appreciated. However, please don't just Google it unless you know what you're doing or some basic idea of NodeBB. I've taken a look myself, been through the NodeBB Community Forums too, and nothing works.

I will be trying to get a Redis database viewer installed and use that to export the data. I'll then make up a quick site for viewing the old forum stuff. Some things might not work, but who know's what will happen! I have no idea how NodeBB saves stuff, so should be fun.

Thanks,
BaeFell

Oh, I had this error once before.
Seems like it can't find a theme, nfell. Did you forget to install it. :emoji_wink:

@Gatt is correct, NodeBB is failing because it's unable to load the theme (it's not installed). Just add it manually to the node_modules/ directory and restart the forum.

Tried it. Tried overriding the default theme and repairing via commands, but NodeBB cannot pickup the theme. The folder exists. Whether it be the skUnity theme or the default one.